How big are your hits

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mean to be whatever Marshy I just think I should be able to be faster with the trowel first. I suppose it would be like learning in an automatic car rather than one with real gears that you need to handle if you see what I mean. I will get one in a few months

Here endeth the lesson
3965-how-big-your-hits-index-37-jpeg

What time does sean connery go to Wimbledon? .
Tennish.

First come the skills then the speed. You would benefit from working alongside an experienced spread, even just for a day or two

Not that I have 30 years experience, but a bag at a time sounds ok to begin with, instead of doing a bag in the morning and a bag in the afternoon do two in the morning and two in the afternoon etc. get the first bag under control and mix another straight away, thats how i picked up my speed then got quicker and quicker:RpS_thumbsup:

Not every one can do big hits, you either have the speed or you dont , just do what your comfortable with ,maybe try for more but if you struggle stop, better to be a decent spread than a lash it on loads bad one ,

speed comes with time... I am not slow but dont push myself... no point... unless your on price but then I wouldbe skint :D

Thanks. I do make sure its bang on neat so maybe I am being a bit fussy. I have put a whole bag on in no time at all like you say on big panels and such ans then stood there and though I could easy put another one on but haven't because I just want to make certain. I will put another half bag on next time Mixy. I read some of the threads on here and realize how far to go I have left. I have got so much to learn

Are you able to float walls?? 400m2 job if your interested?

dont worry about people talking **** about putting 5 bags a time on.. plasterers tend to bend the truth a bit, just put on what u can manage..

Over the years I've heard it and seen it all regarding plasterers telling me they can get X amount of bags on a set, earn X amount a week, some have been good and are capable, others have left a sh*t job. My advise, if it's worth owt lol, I've been plastering 16 years now, is as others have said really,don't worry yourself about you need to get loads on a set, that will come in time and practice and you will figure out what you are comfortable with and what works for you

What you need to do is start pushing yourself a bit.
You can only ease into it for so long, and ill guarantee you that speed definitely Wont come until you step outside your comfort zone
You'll never know how much, is too much until you test your limits you may surprise yourself.
Otherwise you'll find yourself in 7years time struggling with a bag and a half.
Which even cassie must admit isn't quite enough, too keep him in camp stormtrooper kecks and rohypnol.

Last edited:
most of the jobs i do tend to be big new builds houses most of the walls take two bags done the kitchen lid today took four bags and there was sixteen sets of wires hanging done to work around

What you need to do is start pushing yourself a bit.
You can only ease into it for so long, and ill guarantee you that speed definitely Wont come until you step outside your comfort zone
You'll never know how much, is too much until you test your limits you may surprise yourself.
Otherwise you'll find yourself in 7years time struggling with a bag and a half.
Which even cassie must admit isn't quite enough.

bag and half,s plenty on your own doing domestics... depends how big area is, but keeping everything clean (carpets etc) thats plenty, bigger mixes as required obviously, put 7 bags on a ceiling other week, but only because that was what was needed... all depends on what work your doing.. i dont do, slinging loads on and getting in the **** with the quality.... quality is what the customer wants, their paying for it, so do what is needed with a good standard and thats the amount needed..

most of the jobs i do tend to be big new builds houses most of the walls take two bags done the kitchen lid today took four bags and there was sixteen sets of wires hanging done to work around

Fûck that.. Can't they cut the holes out afterwards? I take it they were spots?

If you are getting a bag on comfortably then use that bag for first coat followed by a quick wash out, then mix yourself another half bag to lay down by washing out you are keeping everything fresh, improve on that and you will soon be on 3 bag hits 3 times a day.

And it depends on the site, you have to be way more careful in someones 500k furnished house, as opposed to site conditions..ie. water and finish all over the place... if an area takes 5 bags, then its a 5 bag hit, take another plasterer with you until your comfy doing bigger hits...

As a student I put a full bag on a wall in my first big wall and it was just on the uncomfortable side, speed wasn't there, mix started going off as I was nearing the end. But then again half a bag was too much 4 months ago so I hope its just practice. The idea of putting 3 bags on 3 times a day seems unreal at this point though, suppose its only 33m2 though at current site rates you'd have to do that minimum to scratch a living (£3.75 a square meter I saw, £120 a day then).

Thanks for the input :RpS_thumbup: I will do the full bag first coat and then straight on with a third of a half bag second and just keep pushing more and more

Status
Not open for further replies.