Hours!!!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basher

Had a new spread on site this week, Comes up to me today how come you go before me!! I get to site at 7.30 start at 8 have dinner at 12 till 12.30 then gone 3.30-4.00, He starts at 9 has a break at 10 then one at 12 till 1 and he finishes at 5-5.30 and where both doing the same work as in bond out chasers, bead and reskim kitchens 1 a day just wondered what hours you boys like to do???? And i know LITTLE as poss but is this guy stupid or sheer lazy!!!

Me I like it early, 7am on site but on domestic 8am, get done and away 4pm!! However this week on that very very rare occasion I was packing up at 6.30pm, but needs must and on your own work time is defo money!! Had to get house tyroleaned before rain came next day! Got it done and reaped the rewards! ;D

Last 3 weeks i've been working away so been doing 12-14 hr days. Generally I work 7.30 till between 5&6

Tell you what I hate starting late, I'd rather not work!! Nothing worse than starting halfway through the day! Just getting your tools out when everyone else is sitting for tea, no thanks!

I do domestic and my hours are generally 8-3 i do start to get the right hump if I'm still working after 3.

what ever it takes to get the job done basically , if i;m real busy i might do a few long shifts (or my lad's will at least) but if i'm steady away then no point killin yerself (been there, done that)

Do mostly insurance work so usually
8-8:30 - 4-4:30
But most days it's job & knock for me get in get it done by 3-3:30ish.
As warrior says it's whatever the job needs really.
Never work late on a Friday ;D

Usually start at 8 and finish at 4 to 4.30
Some sites don't allow you to start until 8 nowdays and some expect you of by 5.30
Years ago used to start renders at the crack of dawn to go fishing as early as possible :)

i feel sorry for my lab i tell him 6.30 and pick him up at 7.50 and then we work till the jobs done ............i just give him 2 rings on the phone when i wake up now ;D

essexandy said:
Usually start at 8 and finish at 4 to 4.30
Some sites don't allow you to start until 8 nowdays and some expect you of by 5.30
Years ago used to start renders at the crack of dawn to go fishing as early as possible :)
Same here mate , i was big into windsurfing at one stage and as soon as heavy winds or gales were forecast i was off, was renowned at one stage for driving round with sail boards on roof off me van constantly, i miss them day's

my trowel hits the wall at 6:30 and work till bout 6:00 but work till bout half 8 at mo cos im away from home for the last 2 years

Yea same as warrior,those were the days a nice force 5-6 and nice waves rolling in. I was addicted to windsurfing in the 80s and the birds helped inall ;D

start about 8.30 and finish around 4 if local. do what ever it takes, if i need to stay then i stay. dont stop at 10 or lunch because you dont have to , just drink coffee and eat between trowels.

warriorupnorth said:
went out do do a job one morn came back nine months later ;) didn't go down too well ::)
ha went to guernsey for a 2 week job. got more work from it ened up there for 8 mnths the misses wsnt amuesd. ;D

warriorupnorth said:
what ever it takes to get the job done basically , if i;m real busy i might do a few long shifts (or my lad's will at least) but if i'm steady away then no point killin yerself (been there, done that)

Agreed, same here mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.