horror at domestic

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDS

hall way, stairs, landing . gave them a price . they asked for a reduction a few days later i agreed because i need the work. said i be there on the sat mornin (7days away) so i would all be ready for me , i.e boarding up a couple of doors .

get there sat mornin the two walls could not be done because the doors had not been boarded up the fella said can u just come back an do that next week when the builder gets round to it, pissed off that it was not done i agreed thinking that it would only take at most 3 hours for both walls ( the walls are uneven lumpy artex).

so i get ready to start the long wall up the stairs and theres a window at the bottom of the stairs bout 40inc by 40inc bought the beading prior to the job then im half way down the stairs starting at the top workin my way down (im left handed) an he says that window is getting boarded up can u leave around the window and come back and partch around it when its boarded :mad: :mad: :mad: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! was proper pissed off as i know how hard it will be to try blend it in , i told him all this and he says try ur best.

so with no stop bead i try to make a boarder around the window with scrim tape so i can rip it off at the end of the job ready for next time. he says that he would be ready for me on thu (today) i told him i could make room in my diary and to ring me to confirm on wed . he hasent rang im thinking about the walls with the doors in there about 6ft by 6 ft i already cut my price ridicoulisly to do the job and now i goin back to do bits of sh**e think im only makin bout 70 quid a day now i have to go back.

what do u lads think about that night mere day???

p.s it prob woulda only taken me a day to complete as i had my labourer throwing mix after mix at me to get out of there now i have to go back when he decides to summon me?

You have learned a lesson there, I never negotiate on price my quote is final, to be honest you shouldnt of started the job if it wasnt ready then walk away I know its real tough times we all need the money but customers like that think they can take the piss. by reducing your price you showed weakness hence he can and did take the piss.

bloody mare innit.. some people just dont seem to realise... thing is though, cos he's made u come back another day to finish the job (which wasnt priced for 2 days) your well within your moral rights to ask for extra, twice the deisel, time, labourers wages, not to mention the effort and skill involved in trying to patch in..
with hindsight it might have been better to sack it and go when its all ready but times is hard at the minute and i know what you mean about needing the work..
dont sweat it mate, rough with the smooth and all that, 4 or 5 good bevvies when its done and youll forget all about it and be looking forward to the next nightmare ;D

haha yeh i suppose ,
he still hasent rang me to go down , he still ows me 50quid said hell give me it when i go back , i might just tel him to keep it and pay the builder 50 to do the bloody walls the one who is supposed to be boarding up the doors got 250 all in for the job after my labourer which is 40quid mats bout 75 , the walls were swallowing up the plaster to fill all the holllows of the artex pattern, still need to get more plaster for the rest of tbe job prob nother 15 quid, buying my dinna and petty for job wicbh is about 50 min away makin f**K all for 2 days my first quote was 350

did i mention he told me he was gettin the window boarded up while i was half way through the wall it was on, so i was fooked from the start

F**khim off mate, or tell him you want your original price cos you have to go back, and if he says no then f**k him off , either way it will still cost him

for the sake off 50 quid mate feel like tellin him im too busy now because i have too much on , and tell him to keep the 50 as i have did the 200 pound worth ofwork all ready, i hate mear mortals

Like i said try an push him for the extra money and then if he won't budge , sack it !!! then at least you can say you did not point blank refuse to go back, and you gave him the option

i will i bloody will il say im too busy now for the next month or so and that 50 he ows me to give it to the builder to complete the job, i was only free today and he never rang me, (wish i ws) but for the sake of 50pound minus lanour minus mats for the day , il have to take mon ey out my own pocket to fin.

Been said so many times before - but don't move on the price (especially not by nearly 30%!!!) it encourages people to take the pi$$. Id have left it when doors weren't boarded. Hard thing to do but if you dont you'll end up running about for sod all cash. Certainly wouldnt be in any hurry to go back and blend that window in for 50 quid... unless there more cash there write it off as a bad day.

Having said that I sat in a 2hour traffic jam today to get to a 55 quid job. ...

FatmanWithATrowel said:
Been said so many times before - but don't move on the price (especially not by nearly 30%!!!) it encourages people to take the pi$$. Id have left it when doors weren't boarded. Hard thing to do but if you dont you'll end up running about for sod all cash. Certainly wouldnt be in any hurry to go back and blend that window in for 50 quid... unless there more cash there write it off as a bad day.

Having said that I sat in a 2hour traffic jam today to get to a 55 quid job. ...

a two hour traffic jam for a £55 pound job................how many people were pricing it ....:)

its the 55 quid bit that blew me away...
i dont go out the house for less than 80 quid, and i thought i was cheap..
i start every job, however small at 80 quid.. last year it was a oner..
if that had been me id very prolly just gone 'feck the job' and gone down the nearest slip road towards the pub till the traffic cleared!
that said i do seem to be dragging my sorry arse down to wickes for a lot of 80 quid jobs recently..
p.s. that doesnt mean i got a LOT of 80 quid jobs.. just more 80 quidders than 300 quidders.. ::)

bigsegs said:
its the 55 quid bit that blew me away...

It was a 4ft chase on a cooker cable, for a regular.

I wasn't too pleased about it either supposed to be a 15minute cash job. Council round here are using up their budget painting the fooking roads red with that stupid tarmac - causing a nightmare at school run / rush hour time.

thanks mads for your advice , i think its kinda clear what i should do more cash or he gets the back lash ; ) (i leave the job)

he still hasent rang me , im never goen back to that house , an i got a couple of there dust sheets in my van BONUS!!!!!

been there before pal some people are great to work for and others just have no idea how differcult they make things, i,d say out of every 10 customers 1 has to be a w**k*r. but like you say times are hard, just make sure that nob pays you up and never work for him again if you can help it.

GAZ said:
he still hasent rang me , im never goen back to that house , an i got a couple of there dust sheets in my van BONUS!!!!!

Never cut your nose off to spite your face and all that

Go back he owes you £50 + exstras Door ways and window area
go in check its all ready to do tell him its more if needed explain to him extra day travel etc
if hes not happy you still want ya 50 quid

Status
Not open for further replies.