Hop ups/access

Staff online

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should try the small ones, you'd be running around on them in 30 minutes. Never do a ceiling without mine now.

Id give a small pair a go, put on a few ceilings on my last set today and the height is quite low so flew around troweling up off the ground. must admit it is a lot easier than hop up.

Using stilts up the full size def not worth the risk. But when lowered they are easy and slim chance of falling.

Even on a low ceiling, how are you supposed to board & skim a ceiling working on your own wearing stilts?
And even if you are spoon fed by a mate, you need to see the state of the concrete floors & cluttered rooms I have to work in.

Boarded out room every time for this kid ... even in a 6x6 bathroom.

I use stilts where I can and a hop up where I can't but today I was lucky I was rushing to get finished today and instead of setting up the tower scaffold I just got my hop up out two bits of 100mm king span and my crate on top safe to say I fell landed on my back on the hop up smashed the hop up and my back, won't be rushing like that again. !

we had 2 of these at one point one retired/wheel broke. ours had wheels on one end though so you just has to lift the opposite end to move.
great piece of kit to have,

Its easy to skim a ceiling working on your own wearing stilts. 6x6 room. Just mix enough skim to cover all of the ceiling and load it onto the board. You don't need to get down again.
Even on a low ceiling, how are you supposed to board & skim a ceiling working on your own wearing stilts?
And even if you are spoon fed by a mate, you need to see the state of the concrete floors & cluttered rooms I have to work in.

Boarded out room every time for this kid ... even in a 6x6 bathroom.

ive decided I want something similar to that oli. got a biggish ceiling to board and skim next Monday and it's a bit higher than average. really dont fancy doing it off a hop up or steps. was thinking a narrow alli tower but only one lift. a 6ft platform and 4 wheels. something that's probably allow me to do 10ft ceilings. anyone got any better ideas?

or an idea where to get that? only platforms I can find are 2 or 3 lifts high with out rigs etc

Status
Not open for further replies.