Hop up

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinlip

Help !!

I ve got 8 ceilings to do this week starting on tuesday.
Think its time i invested in a proper hop up. But who stocks them. Do any of the nationals like b & q or wickes stock them I checked the likes of tool station. They all just seem to stock those cheap flimsey looking things.

Anyone got any ideas

Thanks folks.

Yes I ve been thinking along those lines. Well ive got the platform sorted.
But now i havent got a kitchen work top haha!!!

Paid £28 for a rodeo one last month, does the trick and when it breaks i'll just buy another............simples.

do you need them xtra long to catch ya dummy when you keep spitting it out..............:flapper: @beddy

Last edited by a moderator:
I need them so i can get a better run up when i leap frog you wankers to the top of the table

lets hope you dont land on any of us, you big fat lezza, anyway i thought you had took ya ball home?

Youngman hop up the best one I ever had, had my first for 8 years a since that died I've had 3 £30 shite from screwfix or the likes..

think wicks stock them

Help !!

I ve got 8 ceilings to do this week starting on tuesday.
Think its time i invested in a proper hop up. But who stocks them. Do any of the nationals like b & q or wickes stock them I checked the likes of tool station. They all just seem to stock those cheap flimsey looking things.

Anyone got any ideas

Thanks folks.

What have you used up to now ? whats wrong with pop crates or stilts ?

I just bought 6 from Screwfix for £20 each after the tatters nicked my old ones while my back was turned .... b@stards!

For ceilings under 8' I still have 8 Corona crates (the real tough un's) and if they walked there really would be trouble.

I just bought 6 from Screwfix for £20 each after the tatters nicked my old ones while my back was turned .... b@stards!

For ceilings under 8' I still have 8 Corona crates (the real tough un's) and if they walked there really would be trouble.
Full or empty ?

i got a chippy :RpS_blushing: to make me up a hop up 8ft long on a job i was running 17 years ago ,still using it today

Ive had my 2 refina for a few years now and they would get a 10 score except that the legs dont lock into place when you pack them away.

I would say thats the one thing thats missing. Often look at it and wonder if I could fit some kind of latch. I have them bunjeed iin the van but it's a pain carrying them round

What have you used up to now ? whats wrong with pop crates or stilts ?

These are the biggest ceilings i done so thought it was about time a got myself some proper hop ups I can get hop up no problem but they are all300mm I was hoping someone would point me in the direction of 600 mm i ve used crate before but they no good for ceilings for me anyhow.

20 Odd years ago, was working in a gang of 6 tacking dabbing and skimming flats in leyton, I decided it would be a good to knock up 3 large hop ups from scaffold boards, they worked a treat... That was until the Scaff subbie spotted what was being used and threaten to start breaking faces if £100 pounds wasn't forth coming:RpS_thumbdn:

Well its all sorted now i bought a set of 300 mm wide from local suppliers worked a treat I was really after some 600 mm but tyhe smaller ones have sufficed. Thanks for all your replies

These are the biggest ceilings i done so thought it was about time a got myself some proper hop ups I can get hop up no problem but they are all300mm I was hoping someone would point me in the direction of 600 mm i ve used crate before but they no good for ceilings for me anyhow.

Honestly mate get yourself a pair of stilts there only £50 quid now and a lot easier to use than you would think, practice in the garden on the grass so if you fall you havea soft landing but once mastered you will wonder why you ever struggled without them!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.