Hop Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

bodplasterer

£199 bleeding expensive for a hop up and when he stands on it it buckled a bit in the middle that wont last very long.

McPlaster

Private Member
Not going to last long, I bought a dura stilts quick bench about 12 yeas ago and still use it, everyone tries to have it off me on site, expensive but brilliant.

Rossi46

Private Member
I've got a set of fold up ladders. Set them up like a hop up shape then bungee a plank across the top. Big hop up for high ceilings! Wouldn't get away with it on site mind.

warriorupnorth

Private Member
fook that get a youngmans odd job you can get a hand full for the price of one of these........

YOUNGMAN ODD JOB LOW LEVEL WORK PLATFORM | eBay

had mine for about 6-7 years now and i would gladly buy another

Yeh think we've all got that type, i the point Mr Jones is trying to make is that it's a versatile work platform for reaching ceilings of varying heights, your not gonna board and skim a 9' high ceiling off the little youngmans hop up

phoenix

nah i would chuck me platform at the f**k*r who dont pay me next time and warrior i can skim a 9 foot ceiling off my little hop up...............if theres scaffold beneath it:RpS_lol:

if there is a ceiling that is high i dust out big phil.........i need my little one to use as a step up onto big phil needed it for an ceiling in a 1930s house i swear the ceiling was about 20 foot off the floor or it seemed like it moving 2 benchs!!!!

theblones

i was just wondering if anyone had one. It seems to fold up neatly but is it too heavy and bulky. I have seen one on ebay like that youngman one but adjustable height.

phoenix

f its a youngmans get it!!!!!!!!!!! my mate has been buying 'cheap' versions of mine since they first made you have a bench instead of a crate and he must have spent about £200 i paid £70 for mine i think and its been worth every penny.......... the only thing that goes wrong is the catches brake............ nothing that a piece of wood wont solve tho

Rossi46

Private Member
Got one of the massive refina hop ups in a job lot of gear off Ebay today. Brand spanker. I might stick it in the kitchen and use it as a dining table!

essexandy

The Lake Governor
Yeh think we've all got that type, i the point Mr Jones is trying to make is that it's a versatile work platform for reaching ceilings of varying heights, your not gonna board and skim a 9' high ceiling off the little youngmans hop up

Paul I'd pay good money to watch you board and skim a 9ft high ceiling of that rickety telescopic job lol.

Nisus

Elite Member
Got one of the massive refina hop ups in a job lot of gear off Ebay today. Brand spanker. I might stick it in the kitchen and use it as a dining table!

Beddy had a new pair of them the other week!
Maybe they can't hold his bulk :RpS_biggrin:

theblones

I had one of them from refina. I had no idea it was so big. Its great when you are standing on it but to move around its too big. It wouldnt fit on scaffold either. wish i read the sizes properly. I thought i was buying a normal size but the good quality ones :RpS_blink:

NPS

Private Member
I've got a set of fold up ladders. Set them up like a hop up shape then bungee a plank across the top. Big hop up for high ceilings! Wouldn't get away with it on site mind.

those metal sheets you get with them are shite arnt they? I cut up some flooring to fit on the top, I cut it the exact size of the platform and just cut around the hinges so it cant move anywhere

Rossi46

Private Member
I didn't get a metal sheet with it. Bought it as just one of them folding ladders. But a 6ft plant on top works a treat.

NPS

Private Member
the metal sheets where ok at first but they started to bend after a while, then one day there was some off cut flooring that fit bang on so i just cut out for the hinges and now its dead rate

Jace

sorta like the fella that was selling stilts on ebay then you looked at the pics and it was just celotex gaffer taped to his trainers haha :RpS_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.