Hoovers !!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

User________removed

Private Member
Any of the domestic lads on here use hoovers to clean up after a job ? What do you use ? Ive just writ off my second Henry today, so after something else with as much power.

I've got a Basil, seems just as good :RpS_thumbup:

Basil what? Brush? :RpS_biggrin:

Henry is great for domestics :RpS_thumbup:
(not Henry off here I hear he's dog rough) :rolleyes)

And Henry good for cleaning my van out once every 4 years :)

Got one of them little Dewalt ones. Wet n dry and runs off a dewalt battery too. Had it about 8 years and keeps goin as good as day one. A person of Pakistani origin was selling a load of them on EBay. Local tool hire place sell them for £100 still so can't have been a bad deal.

Any of the domestic lads on here use hoovers to clean up after a job ? What do you use ? Ive just writ off my second Henry today, so after something else with as much power.
Stop putting your dick in the end of it and get a woman to give you a blow job , your not in the Paras now.:RpS_thumbsup:

Stop putting your dick in the end of it and get a woman to give you a blow job , your not in the Paras now.:RpS_thumbsup:
I suppose its hard finding a royal marine to pipe u off these days........seahats.............s**t em..................:RpS_laugh:

(not Henry off here I hear he's dog rough) :rolleyes)

It's taking a life time to become dog rough :flapper:

i never really need a hoover to be honest the carpets either goin in which case i can use it as a sheet or its gone already and if its staying i make sure i sheet up really well pull the sheets up and just sweep up any loose bits that get away never had a complaint, but i do have a henry in the garage just incase

i never really need a hoover to be honest the carpets either goin in which case i can use it as a sheet or its gone already and if its staying i make sure i sheet up really well pull the sheets up and just sweep up any loose bits that get away never had a complaint, but i do have a henry in the garage just incase

Yeah It's only the edges I usually Hoover if it needs it.

Just been a savage skin flint and ordered some new bits for the henry, prob dont help not using a bag with it.

I've never used a bag with mine :RpS_thumbup:

is there another kind of dust twitch??
I use whatever hoover wor lass doesnt want any more at the minute im using a dyson animal

seriously they fcuk up with plaster dust, I've come across more than 2 that have burnt out. I don't think the cyclonic action can handle the really fine particles in plaster, so they just go straight into the motor.

The dust that comes out of my log burner is finer than any plaster and the filter does it's job and collects a lot of the super fine dust as I said it does need cleaning or it puts strain on the motor. We've had ours for at least four years with no problems and although I have a Henry when I've renovated my own properties I take the Dyson in as it's so much better than little Henry.

'There are, however, a couple of problems that traditional (bagged) vacuum cleaners don't suffer from. The first is a problem with very light dust such as that created by sanding plaster and wood. Now, I know that Dyson vacuum cleaners weren't designed to be used as DIY vacuum cleaners but that doesn't mean I, and many other people, don't use them to pick up this type of dirt. If I was picking this type of stuff up ever day I would get an industrial strength cleaner.
The problem is that very light dust can pass straight thorough the cyclone and get caught in the primary motor filter (located at the base of the machine normally). I realize that this can happen with bagged machines as well but in my experience the problem isn't anywhere near as bad with bagged machines. I would like to see an optional additional filter before the primary motor filter. Looking at the arrangement of pipework this shouldn't be hard to engineer in. I would buy two or three of these components if they were cheap enough so that I could change them during a days work (thinking about it I suppose I could buy more primary motor filters and change them regularly but that wouldn't increase protection that much).
The second major problem is with the collection chamber. After picking up dust for a while the cyclones become clogged and the suction drops dramatically. My solution to this problem was the main reason for writing these few pages.'

Dyson Cleaning and Repair

i use the customers hover,that way you dont get any probs,thats like saying you take your own portaloo to work with you,and a genny for you electric,lol.use theres lad

'There are, however, a couple of problems that traditional (bagged) vacuum cleaners don't suffer from. The first is a problem with very light dust such as that created by sanding plaster and wood. Now, I know that Dyson vacuum cleaners weren't designed to be used as DIY vacuum cleaners but that doesn't mean I, and many other people, don't use them to pick up this type of dirt. If I was picking this type of stuff up ever day I would get an industrial strength cleaner.
The problem is that very light dust can pass straight thorough the cyclone and get caught in the primary motor filter (located at the base of the machine normally). I realize that this can happen with bagged machines as well but in my experience the problem isn't anywhere near as bad with bagged machines. I would like to see an optional additional filter before the primary motor filter. Looking at the arrangement of pipework this shouldn't be hard to engineer in. I would buy two or three of these components if they were cheap enough so that I could change them during a days work (thinking about it I suppose I could buy more primary motor filters and change them regularly but that wouldn't increase protection that much).
The second major problem is with the collection chamber. After picking up dust for a while the cyclones become clogged and the suction drops dramatically. My solution to this problem was the main reason for writing these few pages.'

Dyson Cleaning and Repair

I agree that you need to keep ontop of cleaning out the filter but the dyson knocks the tits off henry and his dirtbag sister hetty

May i just add that Hoover is a brand name and what you are all referring to are vacuum cleaners.:glare:

Status
Not open for further replies.