Hoover

Members online

Kasper

Bought a hoover from wickes £42 minus discount. It's actually really good, only bought it as my henry f**k*d up and was desperate, but quite impressed for the price.

Arse wipe
got a bite.gif

I got a Titan from screwfix. £40. It’s a cracker to use and abuse. Pulls the carpet up in some houses it’s so powerful.

Loud as a jet engine & Screwfix want you to buy only their crappy paper bags for it, but yeah, for the money, it's hard to fault the suction. I never checked to see if Henry bags would fit.

I like the Metabo M-class vacs, but I admit they cost a chunk o' change. Then again, like most powertools, you get what you pay for. A proper industrial-grade vac that shifts enough air volume per second to safely extract powertool dust, and filter it properly, and clear its filters automatically during use.

On the budget side of things, for domestic work (and not for powertool extraction), it's hard to dislike Henrys - they're quiet & have proven themselves for literally decades, but best to buy one with a longer hose than the 2 metre pisstake Numatic supply with them as standard (y)

I just dont clean up
Once I worked at ms dynamite’s house
Boss said “clean up her Mum lives next door and got a Hoover”
I went to Mum to get it and she said she “would Hoover it for me”
She didn’t
Boss went mental

Loud as a jet engine & Screwfix want you to buy only their crappy paper bags for it, but yeah, for the money, it's hard to fault the suction. I never checked to see if Henry bags would fit.

I like the Metabo M-class vacs, but I admit they cost a chunk o' change. Then again, like most powertools, you get what you pay for. A proper industrial-grade vac that shifts enough air volume per second to safely extract powertool dust, and filter it properly, and clear its filters automatically during use.

On the budget side of things, for domestic work (and not for powertool extraction), it's hard to dislike Henrys - they're quiet & have proven themselves for literally decades, but best to buy one with a longer hose than the 2 metre pisstake Numatic supply with them as standard (y)
Nobody would go for a short hose given the choice mate.

If you pop one if these on, they turn into twice the vacuum.

They're well worth it.
(You can get cheapo copies too.)

Triton are taking the piss charging £50 for these, but they can make an enormous difference to the capability of a cheap vac, with fine dust.

I use the Festool one with my vac, for very fine dust (which tends to clog bags and filters), but the principle is basically the same.

Thien Baffle.jpg

Last edited:
Triton are taking the piss charging £50 for these, but they can make an enormous difference to the capability of a cheap vac, with fine dust.

I use the Festool one with my vac, for very fine dust (which tends to clog bags and filters), but the principle is basically the same.

View attachment 61085

Saw someone with a chippy workshop on youtube make a homemade one out of plastic paint buckets. Saved himself $100