Hook on beads

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

gps

Absolute beauties, I took over a job where they were being used and must say they are good even on re skims plus they a lot more rigid.

we used a box a couple of months ago, they are good but careful when handling..the little barbs that they attach with will give a nasty cut

we used a box a couple of months ago, they are good but careful when handling..the little barbs that they attach with will give a nasty cut

And a ******* to pull a few out the box or separate. I stopped using them a while back as the drawbacks outweigh the positives in my opinion.

The first box I had were ok as they didn't have the rough barbs sticking out, so as long as the price was the same as standard beads, i didn't have a problem.
But the latest version are crap in my opinion. on re-skims they rest on the barbs and need 1/2 an inch of muck to cover them.
On boardwork, the boarding needs to be spot on or they won't grip, also you can't level or upright with them.
What is wrong with a handful of 35mm clout nails in your pocket or just bedding them on?

... and they rip your hands to bits! :RpS_thumbdn:

The first box I had were ok as they didn't have the rough barbs sticking out, so as long as the price was the same as standard beads, i didn't have a problem.
But the latest version are crap in my opinion. on re-skims they rest on the barbs and need 1/2 an inch of muck to cover them.
On boardwork, the boarding needs to be spot on or they won't grip, also you can't level or upright with them.
What is wrong with a handful of 35mm clout nails in your pocket or just bedding them on?

... and they rip your hands to bits! :RpS_thumbdn:

Because on re-skims clout nails do not go into brick nor do masonry nails that well so for me they are great.

this is the only thing i can remember about them... the pain!

Last edited:
Does anyone staple their beads on fiind it much easyer, sometimes have a problem on re-skimz if its sand and cem under the plaster.:)

your such a fag sometimes oliver......................:rolleyes)

iv got some tight arse hole puns i could use here ........................................but i dont dare :RpS_crying:

Thats a cracking advert for how not to use your tools. I'll put my bead on and tw@t it plumb with my level. Next they'll be wondering why the fooookin level is pissssed.

Status
Not open for further replies.