Hiya boys

Members online

CHEESY

Hiya boys. Im Gary Cheeseman from 1st Choice Plastering. Just wondering if anyone else thinks board finish is sub standard of late. Either seems gloopy like its been mixed with pva instead of water or goes off like a whippet? Or is it just me overthinking it?

Hiya boys. Im Gary Cheeseman from 1st Choice Plastering. Just wondering if anyone else thinks board finish is sub standard of late. Either seems gloopy like its been mixed with pva instead of water or goes off like a whippet? Or is it just me overthinking it?

Lots of others saying the same and also was just a thread about it.

Welcome :D

@BritishGypsum are on here.... but the advice is if you have a s**t bag take a photo of it with the batch numbers and what not and then it can be traced back etc

Thanks. I've read some threads similar on here and they never seem to admit to any additives for some reason. But it's obvious they do. I mean whats the big secret ?Why not admit it? It's like the cover up is worse than the crime. I'm thinking they add calcium sulphate or similar to speed up the set for the colder months but someones added just a touch too much. Oh well. Will just have to get used to it

Something ive also noticed is it smells like it has feb waterproofer in it!!!

One weird thing is my buckets getting cleaner and cleaner. It’s been used few years so build up on it but last month or so it’s self cleaning. Summat in plaster

Welcome along bud. Is that your real name? I only ask because I went to school with a Gareth Cheeseman . I bought a palet of board this week , Monday skimmed over bg board ... horrible. Teared up on second pass..hard to judge timing just crap. Tuesday Wednesday used same gear overskimming existing walls. Was bloody lovely. Today different job , crap again . All same palet. Very inconsistent

Welcome along bud. Is that your real name? I only ask because I went to school with a Gareth Cheeseman . I bought a palet of board this week , Monday skimmed over bg board ... horrible. Teared up on second pass..hard to judge timing just crap. Tuesday Wednesday used same gear overskimming existing walls. Was bloody lovely. Today different job , crap again . All same palet. Very inconsistent
I was at Bury C of E in the seventies. But I'm Gary and not Gareth. Not a popular name anymore

One weird thing is my buckets getting cleaner and cleaner. It’s been used few years so build up on it but last month or so it’s self cleaning. Summat in plaster
your probably scraping bucket harder to get the stuff out as its taking up too quick

Boarded a ceiling Wednesday scim next day about 20 metres. Multi. 1st coat on went to flatten it had nearly gone off. Had a real struggle . Is it bgs boards or the multi .somthing is not right.

Wouldn't mind if that happened to me