high suction from plasterboard??? how? why??

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

platinum

hi there guys quick question .... my mates just bought a new house.... he's having an on suite put in the bedroom.... wanted me to skim the already boarded stud walls..... went to do it today... and as soon as i mixed the multi and put trowel to board..... it was touch dry?..... it immediately took all the moisture out..... so next panel i put some water on to try and help with suction control..... did absolutely nothing???..... there was nothing wrong with the mix its how i've done it hundreds of times... plus mixed a new batch just to eliminiate this as a possibility..... when i asked my mate where he got the boards from he said they were already in??? so the guy before him started it and then just left it...... if the boards are really old could this be a reaon????.... ???

thats exactly it.. old boards..
easiest way is gypbond em and come back day after with board finish..

and srim over the screw heads theyll pull old board is a mare ........worth meshing really mate ....especially if youre doing it for a mate ....give it a tight coat of bonding float it and skim ;)

theyre allright for yonks as long as theyre in a pack in a builders merchant.. its when you stick em on a wall or ceiling and leave em they start to dry out..
dunno really... year maybe? 6 months? theyll get worse as time progresses i reckon..

spunkybum said:
and srim over the screw heads theyll pull old board is a mare ........worth meshing really mate ....especially if youre doing it for a mate ....give it a tight coat of bonding float it and skim ;)

lol

I had it yesterday but it was the skimming not the board, by the time i had laid up and went back to flatten it was as hard as a rock, right awkward set as well laid up a small downstairs toilet all walls and ceiling in one set so 11 wet angles to deal with and it went off like a bomb .... typical

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.