High Standard?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott.beaumont

Speaking to a guy today who im trying to get on with and he kept going on it has to be to a high standard what is everyones own opinions on what High standard is?

You will know what standards you need to be doing by how much you get snagged just do it to the highest standard you can do if it aint good enough then you shouldnt be doing the job without an able plasterer.

There is a standard for plasterers anything below that is sub standard. Perfection only exist in a persons mind and what he thinks it is, His perfection is not my perfection.

been plastering for a long time think im able enough thank you it was more a question to see what spreads do to make it look better than some other s**t slingers on sites.

well i think cross trowelling your work makes it look better and nice tidy angles with no brush marks in them and nice skirting lines and cleaned up properly

If you been doing it a long time then you should already know, site work is probably the toughest to make it in this trade as it is easy to pull some one elses work i have worked for companies that have snagged my work without even seeing it and others where they have held a halogen light up to the wall and snagged it so there are assholes on site employed just to make your life hard and that is there job, crap job but some one has to do it.

my defination of high standards is not letting d*m**o and his motley crew within 200 yard of any project im doing. :RpS_thumbup:

Your only worried owls in case he starts undercutting you LOL I like the lad he talks a good job I would love to have a few days on the the trowel with him and the piss.

We all have good and bad days a few months ago my skimming was embarrassing, don't know why think I've blunted a trowel cleaning it hens e sponge and plazzy have helped

are you feeling better spunk you was a little down last night I ment to say go and have some angry s*x LOL

Fine thanks Henry had a few beers last night so it all comes out boo hoo people will know I didn't mean them if you know what I mean ?

i think if u leave things nice and clean it allways helps the standerd a bad clean job always looks better than agood dirty job

I feel your pain spunk my own kids are in the same boat as you mate struggling to make ends meet.

Flat, straight walls with nice clean sharp corners, polished beads (my favourite) this will keep the decorators happy:RpS_thumbup:
No snots along the bottom, nice & flat aroung casing with casings washed clean, keeps joiner happy:RpS_thumbup:
As said clean out the boxes & the spark is happy:RpS_thumbup:
And nice and clean around any protruding pipework to keep the tiler happy:RpS_thumbup:
Respect all trades that will follow you and you'll have no come-backs...........simples:RpS_thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.