high ceilings

Status
Not open for further replies.

bailey326

just been to look at a job,

the ceilings are quite high and i dont think my hop up will be high enough even though im 6 ft 1.

anything else i can use?

I use a platform ladder about 2m in width and adjustable to five feet high,Screwfix sell them around £120.00.Or you could invest inapair of stilts but make sure your comfortable with them first.

Depends on your budget chief - If its not that big a ceiling I'd get meself down a Hire shop, and get some trestles and scaffold boards - Try and board the room out if you can otherwise get enough to do it in 2 hits

I think you can get 4 planks across a trestle (maybe 3) and as its around 40 quid or so, try and work it into the bill

fordon said:
I use a platform ladder about 2m in width and adjustable to five feet high,Screwfix sell them around £120.00.Or you could invest inapair of stilts but make sure your comfortable with them first.

are these platform ladders easy enough to move around while doing the ceiling?

On my stilts I can reach ceilings that are 3m high just any higher and you will need to board out with trestles

Dont piss about with STILTS they are SHITE mate . Just make one out of a scaffold board to suit your height , making sure it is sturdy enough , and that should do . Why waste the money on stilts or hireing gear . Unles you are putting the Bill on to your costemer

micky jones said:
Dont piss about with STILTS they are SHITE mate . Just make one out of a scaffold board to suit your height , making sure it is sturdy enough , and that should do . Why waste the money on stilts or hireing gear . Unles you are putting the Bill on to your costemer
As always those who dont use stilts say they are s**t, let me tell you when im doing high ceilings or any ceiling for that matter stilts are the best thing sod jumping up and down a hop up or boarding out a room stilts are quicker and you get better reults trust me, and all costs get past on to the customer so its no waste of money.

yea stills are red hot..no need to be so tight its ya job ya need the best tools for the best job yea.

some people would't spend christmas

mix up two buckets put on spot board get on stilts put cieling on get down mix up for laying in put on board clean bucket get back up lay in that enough info

ill just add that little tip from (cant remember his name, on here tho)...
use a proper spot board stand and use 4 bits of 22mm copper over the pegs on each corner to jack the board up for you...

grand wizard said:
mix up two buckets put on spot board get on stilts put cieling on get down mix up for laying in put on board clean bucket get back up lay in that enough info
can you be more specific..........................

scott said:
grand wizard said:
can you be more specific..........................

WHAT!! please say your joking

if your serious about plastering youll get lots of job where you popup aint gonna handle it.....my advice get some stilts...buy some cheapies to begin with off ebay 40 to 60 quid ...get used to them ..do exactly what wizard says ..get 2 on the board...clean room good prep.....youll realise after a few jobs your strokes has been increase by 1/3.......and a ceiling becomes alot easier.......some people swear by them...others say they cant get on with them, sorry to say thats cause theyve ever got shite balance or havnt really given them a go.......

Status
Not open for further replies.