Hi mates, please I am new into plastering, just got my C&G but no agency is willing to employ me so that I can be assessed for nvq 2. Advice plz

Jon Bosco

Can anyone help me on where I can work with city and guilds certificate to build up my portfolio to get my nvq 2 certificate, especially at the weekend? Please, help me please. I have all distinctions but I can't get a place for site assessments. I live in London.

Do an internet search. Some colleges get grants to access you at work and give you your certificate. Try local spreads.

I think other than that you’ll struggle. I really don’t mean any disrespect or to to be rude, but I can’t see site agents taking on a 53year old person new to the trade.

but all the best to you

Last edited:
Do an internet search. Some colleges get grants to access you at work and give you your certificate. Try local spreads.

I think other than that you’ll struggle. I really don’t mean any disrespect or to to be rude, but I can’t see site agents taking on a 53year old person new to the trade.

but all the best to you
Thank you for your message. Actually I have done a lot research but can't find any link to get access to site before talking of the assessment itself. In terms of age, some 53 years can be more experienced and energetic than you think. That isn't a problem anyway.

U think u have all the distinctions I think is what you mean! I come first place in egg n spoon race four years running got a medal and everything I didn’t go on to gold in 100m Olympic Games though!..... could if I reckon:coffe:

U think u have all the distinctions I think is what you mean! I come first place in egg n spoon race four years running got a medal and everything I didn’t go on to gold in 100m Olympic Games though!..... could if I reckon:coffe:
Maybe you have to go on "trowels and eggs race and support the egg with multi finished plaster" as you couldn't made it then with the spoons'