Hi..looking for best practice plastering system...

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

jereca

Hello everyone…happy new year…:RpS_laugh:

I’m Jeck, from Philippines. I have to say that I am not a plasterer, but I’m working on an economic housing developer. I am assign to help our engineers to resolve their problems in material and construction systems. I have been looking for group like this who are expert in plastering, I have been studying since last year, and one of our problems is cracks on plastered wall. I am reading your forums and learning a lot.:RpS_thumbsup:

Right now, I am looking for standard procedure on cement plastering (masonry walls). Our country is tropical country weather can be hot or rainy; we build typical design of houses. The walls are very important part our products, you see if buyers sees the walls with cracks they will think it is not structurally good:RpS_crying:. The implications of these cracks such as shrinkage cracks, alligator cracks and other plastering cracks gives a lot of bad effects on our product. As I am reading some of the forums I realized that not all of our plasterers are that skilled. I just wondering if it is possible if you guys could share your Best Practices Standard Plastering system?:RpS_unsure:, it would be really helpful to my study.:RpS_blushing:

Maraming salamat po (filipino words means "thank you")

jeck

Hi Jeck, im sure you will find all your answers on here, some very good spreads who will help & advise and welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay :RpS_thumbsup:

Hi Jeck it is quite possible that the quality of the sand available is the cause of the cracking, is Knauf MP 75 available in the Phillapines as this works fine in hot countries as it is quite slow setting.

Hi Jeck it is quite possible that the quality of the sand available is the cause of the cracking, is Knauf MP 75 available in the Phillapines as this works fine in hot countries as it is quite slow setting.

hi, lucius, it is the first time i heard Knauf MP 75 but i will check on that..
thanks for the reply...

Hi Jeck, welcome to the forum.
Most the cowboys over here use easifill for making good to their cracks etc :RpS_thumbup:
Have you got a B&Q where you live mate? :rolleyes)

Hi Jeck,

Its best if you could maybe give us an idea of what materials and name's of brand, that are available to you.

Then take it from there,

Sure somebody will help you out:RpS_thumbsup:

hi, sorry for the late reply...oh..cough and flu stocks you to bed..:RpS_mellow:

Right now we just use ordinary plastering cement (lafarge wallmaster and Holcim wallright) and ordinary sand for our plastering; and we depend in our masons skills.

After reading some of the threads here I realized the secret in good plastering is the plasterer attitude but since we are economic housing developer and we have limited budget so i guess our plasterer rush their works so the work quality is sacrificed..:RpS_crying:
i think if our masons are force to follow best practice preparations and plastering system we could have good plastering results.
What do you think be the best CHB wall preparations before plastering?

And another thing..Last time i check the work of our masons after 1 week after the plastering there are mapping cracks on skims of our plastered walls:RpS_crying:..I think water also is the problem since we have hot weather and very humid here in our place; these kind of weather affects the lost of water in the plastering. what do you think I should do with this?:confused:

thanks for the reply...i really appreciate it...

Hi Jeck, welcome to the forum.
Most the cowboys over here use easifill for making good to their cracks etc :RpS_thumbup:
Have you got a B&Q where you live mate? :rolleyes)

Haven't heard B&Q here in our place but we have DIY hardwares...(hopefully i understand what you mean..)

thanks for welcoming me mate..:RpS_biggrin:

Hi jeck. Welcome took the forum marra (that means mate up north). Can you explain what an alligator crack is please marra........:RpS_thumbup:

Hi marra...well i call the mapping or mosaic type of cracks alligator because it look like skin of alligators :D..the skims of our plastered walls has that kind of cracks :(
Do you know why it happens?

The Philippines has the biggest crocodile in captivity :) I am hoping to go and see it later this year :)

I cant help you with your problem though...lol sorry

Welcome to the forum

The Philippines has the biggest crocodile in captivity :) I am hoping to go and see it later this year :)

I cant help you with your problem though...lol sorry

Welcome to the forum

Make sure you dont come very near to lolong (thats the crocodile name. )
Thank you for. The welcome and for this site, learning alot..dont worry there are so many things here in forum that is helpful to my study

Make sure you dont come very near to lolong (thats the crocodile name. )
Thank you for. The welcome and for this site, learning alot..dont worry there are so many things here in forum that is helpful to my study

Last edited by a moderator:
What masory units do you use?,concrete or terracota (clay) and what of finish plaster do you use.

Status
Not open for further replies.