Hi Im a newbie here

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garry Spight

Hi everyone im a newbie here in hertfordshire.

I dont plaster but im looking for a plasterer as im in the process of moving in to a new house.

I thought I would stick my nose in here to have a look at what is happening.

im not to sure to be honest.

I would like a wall in the front room polished plaster if not too much and I think the other rooms require a skim. to smooth them out.

I dont know too much about it really but I thought I would try a forum first as I believe it is a good way to find tradesmen.

Once im in the house would people be interested in coming to qoute the job.

im sure there are people in my area doing it on here.

Im guessing i have it plastered after i move electrics and put new door frames on but before the arcatrave and skirting.

Welcome mate, youve come to the right place. Watch out for Mncs though , very dodgy people and also peeps from Coventry. ;)

Garry Spight said:
So do people that do Normal plastering also do polished plaster?

or do I need to find two seperate people

There are a couple of guys on here who do polished plastering but im not sure if they are in your area, welcome.

flynnyman said:
Garry Spight said:

There are a couple of guys on here who do polished plastering but im not sure if they are in your area, welcome.

You would be surprised how far people travel for £70 per sq m lol .

church said:
flynnyman said:
Garry Spight said:

You would be surprised how far people travel for £70 per sq m lol .

Meant to say there are a couple of us on here who do polished plastering and im not far from you. :)

Well im not in there for about 6-8 weeks so I will be looking for people to come quote me up then. The wall i want polished will depend on price if too much I will whack some nice paper on it.

But if someone who is in the learning curve of it wants to have a go im sure we can work something out. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.