Hi iam a self employed plaster renderer and just need advice on certain things

Members online

Have tried mate closed have emailed them too no joy just thought there’s gotta be guys on here that have come across them thanksmate

How's a experienced renderer never rendered over thermalite blocks,
Should you be doing the job today when you don't know the spec
Where's the problem just asking a question
To be fair I’ve not seen much external render on to thermalites only on the shitty bovis homes I’ve seen that done. Plus any coloured render on thermo can’t be good with uneven suction even with a primer they put ?

Bein advises rend aid full mes
To be fair I’ve not seen much external render on to thermalites only on the shitty bovis homes I’ve seen that done. Plus any coloured render on thermo can’t be good with uneven suction even with a primer they put ?
h then 10 mm mono it was Barrett’s homes but 25-30 years old

being advised rend aid full mesh stipple then 10 mm mono first pass put mesh in too we have only come across these blocks 1 time so advise very welcome

I hate thermalites, it's bad building practice but there's loads out there, done shitloads, I always explain the downfall and consequences of the substrate being lightweight blocks,

that’s what I want to tell the customer to cover our salfs found out that Weber don’t guarantee their product applied to thermolite it is bad practice can’t see why Barrett’s homes have used them on 2 show homes knowing the problems the every day renderer will face its a joke no guarantee and self employed guys paying for the f. K up of the big so called brand new houses!!

that’s what I want to tell the customer to cover our salfs found out that Weber don’t guarantee their product applied to thermolite it is bad practice can’t see why Barrett’s homes have used them on 2 show homes knowing the problems the every day renderer will face its a joke no guarantee and self employed guys paying for the f. K up of the big so called brand new houses!!

I always get a disclaimer document signed prior to start.

Defo no guarantee imo

i mite have to go down that road or go for a thin coat system under coat mesh prime top coat not the same texture as Weber but super flexible don’t want to pay out for scaffold material and have come backs what a pickle we find out salfs in