Hi, any advice appreciated

Members online

Hi my names Joe, I've just joined on here, I'm 28 and im a plasterer/dryliner based in the Midlands area. When I did my apprenticeship I never went to college so didn't get an nvq, working locally this hasn't been an issue, I recently sorted out my green cscs card but guess I'm gonna need to pay for a course before I can get any site work, any advice?

Google OSAT nvq....stands for on site assessment and is like zombie said they come to your job and assess you there

Hi my names Joe, I've just joined on here, I'm 28 and im a plasterer/dryliner based in the Midlands area. When I did my apprenticeship I never went to college so didn't get an nvq, working locally this hasn't been an issue, I recently sorted out my green cscs card but guess I'm gonna need to pay for a course before I can get any site work, any advice?

OSAT is the way forward :D Its what I did :D start taking photos of your projects and preferably with you in the picture :D

NVQ is pointless but it is a hoop you have to jump through

Get in touch with nvq and they will rush it through if you know know what your doing . The asseser can do it nearly on the spot shhhhh

They refused me my nvq at college because I should never have got on the course apparently...... north west skill academy assessed me for free on the job.

What way would it work for myself, I've a gold csr /cscs card over here, but its just a one day safety course thing and an quick assessment in ur trade. Don't know if they the same as the cards yous have or not.

Yeah, plasterings a MANS job, get back behind that ironing board!
Or was it cos you is G**?

(on a serious note, why did they do it for free?)

Banter banter banter

They had a gov grant for 'old guys' or anyone working without an nvq. It was in their interest to find people like us and give them their nvq. There's prob schemes near you if you search or look at local colleges that might be enrolled in a scheme.

Banter banter banter

They had a gov grant for 'old guys' or anyone working without an nvq. It was in their interest to find people like us and give them their nvq. There's prob schemes near you if you search or look at local colleges that might be enrolled in a scheme.

not me, but I quite often come across lads trying to get work and I like to help people get educated.