hi all

Status
Not open for further replies.

justone70

Hi all new to this forum just wanted to say hello. I started learning about plastering a few years back needed some work done on my house got a family friend in and I helped him out and done a few more jobs with him (skimming mainly). Since then I have done a few jobs for friends and family.I am now being made redundant from my job of 15years:-0 so I have decided to take a leap and have booked in for a 6 week c&g course with goldtrowel,hopefully after that I can get some work with someone or just do a few small jobs and see where this goes.Anyway all the best and wish me luck :RpS_unsure:

Alright bud:RpS_thumbup:
welcome.
Why not just persue the singing career?.........:RpS_unsure:

.:RpS_biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
cheers scottie im based in kent in a little place called isle of Sheppey famous for its sheep and prisons :RpS_laugh:

Hello there @justone70 sounds like one of those hair dyes my missus gets lol only pulling her leg pal. Fair play to you for having the balls to try something new and not give up and stay at home claiming benefits!! I for one hope you do well pal and hats off to you :RpS_thumbup:

Am I allowed to post pics yet??

cheers all, marshy the staying home claiming benefits lark was never an option the wife commutes to London every day, she aint gonna have me sitting at home watching Jeremy kyle while she does a 12hr day:RpS_w00t:

think long and hard, justone70. i' m guessing you were born in 1970. if correct, you're in your mid forties. if that's the case, learn plumbing / gas for an easier and more lucrative finish to your working life. plastering is hell on your body. fingers crossed i'm fine so far but there's blokes on here who can't walk or move their arms. if i had my time again, would i do everything the same? would i fcuk. i would be a singer or a cagefighter or something. goldtrowel do plumbing / gas as well don't they? really, mate, think about it, duckduckgo gas / plumbing careers and earnings. plastering is not a romantic career choice. you have pride in your work if you're any good, but really its just paying the bills

@justone70 have a good read through old threads using the search bar top right. Lots of advice on starting out advertising etc, best of luck bud :RpS_thumbsup:

cheers all for your replies, Jurek I know its hard work and your right miss Marple:rolleyes) I was born in 1970 but for the past 15 years I have been working as a mechanical fitter and I want a total change. Like I say I have done a bit before and really enjoy it also as I am in my advancing years I don't need to earn bucket loads of cash like someone with a large mortgage and young family. Still cheers for your concerns mate:RpS_biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.