hi all fibrous workshop

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

aidy

Hi everyone i am new on here im a nvq3 plasterer and have been accepted onto the princes foundation building crafts apprenticeship i am wanting to set up my own heritage company next year but do not know what i will need in regards to all the stuff in my workshop for making casts etc and also best places to get supplies and tools if anyone owt there would e so kind as to help i would really be appreciative

thanks

Welcome Aidy, there are a few knowledgeable fibrous chaps on here who no doubts will help you out, but in the meantime so a search cos there has been a few fibrous threads, good luck

Hi everyone i am new on here im a nvq3 plasterer and have been accepted onto the princes foundation building crafts apprenticeship i am wanting to set up my own heritage company next year but do not know what i will need in regards to all the stuff in my workshop for making casts etc and also best places to get supplies and tools if anyone owt there would e so kind as to help i would really be appreciative

thanks

Where do you want to start??...the list is endless...

good luck starting your new business (Not Easy).

You will probably discover the easiest part of running your own business is actually doing the work...
and the hardest part will be getting paid...

Hi hoppy thanks lol

i want to know pretty much what i will need in the workshop i already can make ceiling roses running moulds etc but done them at college and skillbuild competitions when everything is there. would really appreciate any insite and thanks for the heads up. got a few contacts lined up for work and also hopefully with going on the princes foundation will get me some useful ones too.

Hi hoppy thanks lol

i want to know pretty much what i will need in the workshop i already can make ceiling roses running moulds etc but done them at college and skillbuild competitions when everything is there. would really appreciate any insite and thanks for the heads up. got a few contacts lined up for work and also hopefully with going on the princes foundation will get me some useful ones too.

so do you mean material wise??

What will be your target audience?? domestic. commercial, heritage...

if its dommestic you will want "standard" items....cornice.centre pieces etc etc..
look at companies in your area to see what are there popular items..
then youv'e got to provide a better service and be cheaper...why else would anyone
consider you above your competition..

If its commercial/heritage, you will need to manufacture moulds as you go..(to spec)

in this sector there is less competition..but you better know your $hit as they say..
big contractors will screw you the fisrt chance they get..trust me i know from experience

hi Aidy, suppliers, nottcuts for silicone, shellac and stuff. bentleys for resins, lafarge for best quality plaster, the prestia range. all online details available. Good luck. If you need any advice feel free to to drop me a line.

Thanks very much really appreciate your input do you know we're I can buy a dryer for drying room

Status
Not open for further replies.