Heres one for you

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

fordon

Got a downstairs bathroom to skim tommorrow,ceiling and walls (All got artex on but not too stipply), but its so small you cant swing a cat in,(A) Do I do the ceiling and 2 walls in 1 hit or (B) Go for it and blast the whole lot out.Its about 6ft x 4ft in total.Thoughts please gentlemen.

fordon said:
Got a downstairs bathroom to skim tommorrow,ceiling and walls (All got artex on but not too stipply), but its so small you cant swing a cat in,(A) Do I do the ceiling and 2 walls in 1 hit or (B) Go for it and blast the whole lot out.Its about 6ft x 4ft in total.Thoughts please gentlemen.

I would do the ceiling first, then the walls when its set.

never done these things in one hit was always told do ceiling 1st.2 opposite walls then the other 2 . ... do u guys do all that in one go

timmo72 said:
never done these things in one hit was always told do ceiling 1st.2 opposite walls then the other 2 . ... do u guys do all that in one go

Nah mate always ceiling first and then oppsite walls. I dont put wet on wet!

Did a 10ft x 8ft ceiling and 1 wall yesterday in one go,so figured a smaller area,i may just be able to bang it out,but it is artex on ceiling and walls so may have to not be so ambitious.

fordon said:
Did a 10ft x 8ft ceiling and 1 wall yesterday in one go,so figured a smaller area,i may just be able to bang it out,but it is artex on ceiling and walls so may have to not be so ambitious.

Up to you mate... I aint that brave, and chunkyboy would give me a rollocking doing wet on wet. Its not his way and therefore not mine. Even though i was taught by sonny to do wet on wet with a corner trowel i aint ever done it since!

nah nor me mate ... never done wet on wet or even used corner trowel if its good enough for your pal chunkyboy then ill go wi that ;D

Know what you mean mate, i can be a bit of a maverick at times,bear in mind it is friday and want an earlyish finish.Will weigh it up tomoz.

i'd do a ceiling and a wall, and the rest of the walls. its hard to say with out seing it though.

judging by the size of the fartly little thing id do ceiling plus 2 small walls, wait till its nice and firm and smooth the 2 internals, then crack on with the other 2 walls on the next mix, sorted :) depends how confident you are and experience etc i wish id not been cautious and done more cos i spent more time reading papers and tidying up that plastering! lesson learned, just a leap to take i guess, dont worry dont pannic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEBHLjc4DQA

hit the lid and two walls when you've got it where you want it whack the other two walls on, speed it up with a drop of dirty water if you want, you should be done by 1/2 o'clock ;)

MATE BEST WAY U CAN DO THAT IS HOW I DO UM EVERYTIME..

either put the whoe room on in 1 hit..or celing and 2 walls then the other 2...wait untill its all set pack all ur kit in the van ect clean up...then get ur water spray bottel..spray the joins get them wet..give them a min or 2 then cork them with Decorators cork..will give u a better finish that any corner u would have ever skimed...i allways cork the corners when iv done a job..well if they are nice..if im painting i will wait till iv misscoated first then do it..gives a goo edge to cut in off 2.. ;D

oasis said:
MATE BEST WAY U CAN DO THAT IS HOW I DO UM EVERYTIME..

either put the whoe room on in 1 hit..or celing and 2 walls then the other 2...wait untill its all set pack all ur kit in the van ect clean up...then get ur water spray bottel..spray the joins get them wet..give them a min or 2 then cork them with Decorators cork..will give u a better finish that any corner u would have ever skimed...i allways cork the corners when iv done a job..well if they are nice..if im painting i will wait till iv misscoated first then do it..gives a goo edge to cut in off 2.. ;D
:(

Ive never seen or heard of that way mate, sounds interesting. You got any piccies of how it looks after??

Think this 1 depends on your own personal ability and how you are with working wet angles mate, Personaly id rattle it all on in 1 but ive always been taught to work with wet on wet.

here are the photos of the plastering wet corners i have corked ...i would do this after a miss coat but if ur not paintin u gota do it b4 u leave reali..

IMG00024-20081205-0909.jpg

IMG00023-20081205-0909.jpg

IMG00010-20081129-0943.jpg

its decorators cork..makes the corners neat and gives a perfect edge to pain to and all so cleqns u bad edges gr8!

my to tip....

answer to puttin on wet on wet corners..

not to much..just makes u look good 2...to be fair if ur corners are good then u dnt have to ..but my'n ent allways the best but i am a painter to...on the side so i no how 2 get a good finish with paint..so i try and do the best for a better overall job..drive me mad tellin peole how 2 miss coat! nowin that all they are ganna do if just wack 2 coats of there over priced paint stright on 2 the smooth new walls..and wonder why it looks a bit ruff...

reali im ganna print out a letter sayin how 2 miss coat and fill up the walls hand um out after every job..

then they cant say anything and i get to leave 10mins befor every job!

Status
Not open for further replies.