Help

Chris1978

Hi I'm a time served plasterer been doing it a while . Never had too many problems but done a ceiling yesterday and the joints where I scrimed seem to be bulging by about 2 mm . Is this the boarding or me any help would be great cheers

Attachments

• 20180901_154434.jpg
    20180901_154434.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 240
  • 20180901_154615.jpg
    20180901_154615.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 212
Ok cheers bud customer was really fussy put a 12 foot straight edge across a 20 metre ceiling but he done the boarding

Tapered edge board? Looks like it to me, is it actually bulging or does it just look like it? Remember your stuff is a lot thicker over the tapered edge so may need an extra flattening, can’t see it would be two mil though unless you put it on to thick

You are good fun *******. It’s probably fine chris .let him paint it .if there’s a problem you can pop back and feather it out with easy fill. But get your money now the jobs done. And then push the straight edge up his arse dry. The ceiling joists would be up and down like a whores arse anyway. Was working on council flats years back in winter . Some w**k*r came round with a lamp and straight edge checking the walls and drawing circles in yellow chalk all over the place saying bumps n humps . When he got to this little paddy’s flat he showed him his 11” worn down trowel which he used for everything and told him if he came in put marks on his walls he would slit his f ucking throat. He left quickly. We rubbed off chalk and that was that . Sorry it was a long one . Tell him his boarding out was crap .

You are good fun *******. It’s probably fine chris .let him paint it .if there’s a problem you can pop back and feather it out with easy fill. But get your money now the jobs done. And then push the straight edge up his arse dry. The ceiling joists would be up and down like a whores arse anyway. Was working on council flats years back in winter . Some w**k*r came round with a lamp and straight edge checking the walls and drawing circles in yellow chalk all over the place saying bumps n humps . When he got to this little paddy’s flat he showed him his 11” worn down trowel which he used for everything and told him if he came in put marks on his walls he would slit his f ucking throat. He left quickly. We rubbed off chalk and that was that . Sorry it was a long one . Tell him his boarding out was crap .

Either what @zolco said or not screwed up properly

Ignore ***** he’s just done a course but his hearts in right place.

Obviously if not screwed properly it would crack not buldge.

It’s already been said but to big gaps between boards. The gear pushes up into the scrim then slowly buldges out. If you don’t clock it then it will leave a lip along board joints.

2 solutions . Fill all joints before you chuck first coat on. Or if lazy like me just skim as normal then give joints quick flatten before lay down , n slap whoever boarded it

Surely a time served would know this

Ignore ***** he’s just done a course but his hearts in right place.

Obviously if not screwed properly it would crack not buldge.

It’s already been said but to big gaps between boards. The gear pushes up into the scrim then slowly buldges out. If you don’t clock it then it will leave a lip along board joints.

2 solutions . Fill all joints before you chuck first coat on. Or if lazy like me just skim as normal then give joints quick flatten before lay down , n slap whoever boarded it

Surely a time served would know this

Hi first coated this flattened second coated then troweled up everything looked flat then came the next day and the joints were bulging did everything I normally do

Hi first coated this flattened second coated then troweled up everything looked flat then came the next day and the joints were bulging did everything I normally do

Just needed extra flatten on joins mate still wet on joints in pic go back might still be able to flatten lol