Help!!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bones10

Right I been rendering this house and had no end of probs with it, half house was new concrete blocks existing was pebble dash, cleaned all dash etc before start, scratched it 4/1with waterproofer and set beads was spot on. When top coating I done 5-1-1 with lime and added feb(always added feb since started trade) great finnish but it cracked really bad late that night/early morn, can't suss out why, weather was ok walls soaked etc, so thought I would take out the lime and see what happens, put it on today it's better but still has hairline cracks in it already and that's over block work, I'm stumped to why this is happening the customer is buying materials, it's the normal sand I always use but they have bought rugby premium cement, I norm use blue circle. Could. This cement be the cause? I have used it b4 on small bits and been ok, so really confused never had this before and been rendering for around 10yrs. Any help or knowledge much appreciated

The rugby PREMIUM cement has additives in, so you're probably overdosing with your own additives marra :RpS_thumbup:

In all my days never done that mate been in game 32 years mate

I have always been taught to do it, I'm sure someone on here can explain in depth the reasons why but I'd get sacked as apprentice if not put it in scratch, and feb in top, also told not to put waterproofer in top coat only feb, but that's just how I been taught

The rugby PREMIUM cement has additives in, so you're probably overdosing with your own additives marra :RpS_thumbup:
There was a thread not long ago about that rugby stuff , its a bit like mastercrete ?
Already has stuff added?

If it says PREMIUM, PLUS or something similar it's been tampered with more than Savilles victims marra :RpS_thumbup:

I told the customer to get blue circle but kellaway stopped selling it and only sell rugby prem, so if you have to cut the amount of feb down what amounts should you put in?

i only use Freeflo marra so I can't help you...................Rugby techno department will (should) know :RpS_thumbup:

On the cemex site this is all it says

[h=3]Rugby PREMIUM CEMENT[/h]Now available in 100% waterproof packs

• Lighter colour, ideal for use in all applications where colour is important
  • For use in concrete, mortar, render and screed
  • Reduced admixture requirements in mortar
  • Improved workability, cohesion, finishing and resistance of hardened mortar or concrete to freeze-thaw attack
  • Consistent, convenient and cost effective
  • Chromium (VI) compliant – Intended to reduce the risk of allergic contact dermatitis

Shouldn't have to put any thing in it mate unless you go for waterproofer in the scratch which is not always needed.

Been on holiday for the last week and just got back (cant sleep). Rugby Premium has the plastisizer already in so defo overdosed. I don't think it is solely down to the overdose though. Waterproofers also have a plasticer in them as well so that will have been overdosed. May be too much lime? I was told to never go less than 6 sand to 1 lime. 5 sand = 5/6ths lime max? I have had crazing before with too much lime and being on too thick and wet. I prefer to be on the less side now when using lime.

had the same problem a couple of weeks ago first time i used premium cement which i added everbuild integral waterproofer all cracked and blew off new concrete block walls e-mailed cemex but they never responded but i did phone to query the problem and they said you can add waterproofer/feb etc but never told me how much phoned everbuild and they say you cant add any additives to cement with additives in thats why i had the problem wont be using premium again but as you say a lot of merchants have stopped selling blue circle due to the cost and all are selling the premium instead it wont be long before they start selling blue circle again due to the problems premium is causing

Status
Not open for further replies.