help

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott

:( hello every1 just wondering if anybody can help me a finished a plastering course 2 months ago [city n guilds ] and passed my cscs but av rang every plasterer in my area and rang as many builders as a can think ov askin if they need any plasterers labourers but av had no luck and a dnt knw what else to do

hello scot welcome to the forum,

Stick with it bud, its not all doom and gloom, put an ad in local shops ect get your name about when the work comes in it will be fine.

Danny

put an add in the paper mate, local rag anything from 60 to 150 quid a month
chances are if youre c&g, nvq2 then youll be better than some of the guys ive seen who been at it years!
all about confidence, if you know you can do it, believe it, go out, price the job, turn up, do the job, get paid, go home, have dinner, smile ;D
p.s. if youre short of funds nothing wrong with asking the customer for a materials deposit, most should be happy seein as plaster is pretty cheap anyway... if not... beware the customer...nuff said

p.p.s.
if its bein self employed youre worried about...
go down tax office
tell em you want to register as self employed
take id
they take your pic, send you a card with it on, give you a number, (contractor tax reference)
or register as main contractor
bit more gumph to read through, most of it about employing other people
do what it says in the gumph
keep your reciepts
do your books once a week
quote well for your jobs, dont b too cheap
my new ad went in saturday
ive took 3 calls, got 2 jobs and the other guy is getting back to me when hes cleared the house
in under a week
;)

sum people make me laugh ;Dwent to price a job yesterday just a small bedroom ceiling and three of the walls and he said oh me mates a plasterer n he was gona do it 4 60quid and a thought wat do u think am stupid or sumthing he asked me how much a wud charge a said 120 with materials and he said ok!!!! so if his mate was gona do it 4 60 wat the f##k did he not get him ??????????????????

a knw av undercut meself but its experience thats the way a luk at it you only learn by your mistakes or if your wise other peoples ;D

id be a bit careful of getting a name for yerself as cheap..
wot if he goes to all his mates and tells em you'll skim a room for 120 quid,
next thing you know people will be ringing you goin 'well you did it for 120 quid for matey, can i have the same deal', then youre gonna feel pretty awkward at bumbing the price up..
if anything start high, its easy to come down, but tricky addin extras, nobody wants to pay em when theyve already got a final figure in their head...
good luck tho...nowt like a good grafter.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.