help with wet corners

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

oasis

what is the best way with wet corners? i used ta have that tool for corners but lost it and have been doin it with a brush 4 months! no good reali.. how do you use the corner fing properly?

run the angle trowel down the wall or ceiling angle after the 2nd coat and it's taking up slightly (might need some plaster on the angle trowel) , then run the toe of your trowel lightly down each side to get the angle trowel lines away. On the last rub brush down the angle with a wet 1 or 2" brush and trowel outwards.

i use an angle trowel after the first trowel when its taking up then again after second trowel and finish the corner with a wilko radiator brush

same as mr spunky, do it on every trowel oasis, after time youll know when it needs it or not, for the bottom of the wall, the last foot or so, turn it around and work upwards

thanks .. i see were im goin worng im useing a 5" wet brush to do corners! no wonder i cork up sometimes!

chunky mate, sometimes you got no choice on these little domestic jobs... and the customer would always prefer you gone in a day if poss... a 4x3 room gets done in two hits every time with me and theres no way of avoiding the wet corner..
best thing is to get good at em...

chunky if your getting £2-3 quid a square u gotta put full rooms on per set no way of avoiding wet corners please explain how it is rough?

Come on Chris just go and sit in your van for three hours and wait for it and finish about half past midnight its that easy

napper83 said:
chunky if your getting £2-3 quid a square u gotta put full rooms on per set no way of avoiding wet corners please explain how it is rough?
well said napper :)

church said:
Come on Chris just go and sit in your van for three hours and wait for it and finish about half past midnight its that easy

;D
i used to make 3 sets out of em when i was younger mate... just cant be arsed standing around waiting for 12 metres to pull in these days.. would sooner have another wall or two innit!

i use the radiater brushes i think there the nuts for ceiling lines and corners, i always try to avoid wet corners but sometimes it's got to be done , if so i just use a corner trowel

you can still skim a 4 by 3 room in a mornin in 2 sets no wet corners easy no need 2 rush do a good job get more work reason its rough why mess about with wet corners it when u dont need 2

id be interested to find out how to skim 4 walls and a lid in 2 sets with no wet corners in 4 hours?

prolly sounds like im being funny but i just dont get it? coving?? what if its not getting coved?

thing is... even if you bang on your first coat ceiling and 1 or two opposite walls... theres wet corners???

anyway.. my overskim sets normally last nearer 3 hours but that could be just my way of overkilling the suction a bit..

i 2 coat everything too..

And although i agree its possible to two coat a set in two hours even with knocking up a fresh batch for the topping... that is running it to the wire.. a good finish will take a bit longer imo..

i only really do commercial so if itssay a 2 bedflat ill bang the 2bedroom ceilings on and the hall ceiling first set, second set large bedroom third set small bedroom i usually leave any boxings and reveals and pull them in with the hall full day will always involve wet corners there is no way of avoiding them when your on a price it isnt rough the finish is good, you dont get paid if it isnt

do you work away from the angle or along it mate?........the only thing i hate about twitchers is they do compress the edge so when i work along the angle it gets a bit fatty so i work down or out

i think i get what you mean spunky i work my corners out and dont use the twitcher until after the first trowel so its already taken up a bit and i bend the wings in on mine so only really use the nose of it

as above but dont use the twitcher until I have flattened the 2nd coat then again before cross trowel and a brush here and there

I use twitcher after second coat, brush it in then use nose, then after wet trowel, job done! Makes a good job of corners and ceiling lines.

I was taught to use the twitcher on the 1st coat , just to get me used to using a twitcher , now always do it that way.When i`m doing a dry egde i normally use it aswell , find it really gets the plaster into all the corners , and leaves a nice edge , especially on a ceiling when theres no coving , bet we all have different ways of doing things .

i use an angle trowel on first coat second coat first trowel etc thats what its meant for grantyboy my surname is gibson aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.