Help with painted render.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jgreenplastering

Private Member
Morning.

Got a house re render.

Existing is on solid taking to long to come off, it's more cosmetic than it needs doing.

It's going to be a sand and cement tyrolean finish and I need to get the paint off first.

Anyone know a product that removes the paint so we have a sound background to go over?

The paint is on really thick a mixture of old an new, peeling in places but would take to long to just scrape off.

Need help if any one has ideas Plse.

Thanks lads.
We started to use the breakers to get the paint off its that thick!
It's taking time but not as long as before and the client has seen were trying! All good.

Always got a come behind labourers on jobs like this to do it properly so rather do it myself. Good labourers are like gold dust at minute

Parinter won't work on this as the paints really thick an coming off in places.
Better to get it all off.
Any one ever used parinter or rend aid prior to using sand and cents to top? Have doubts about it as its not like you are using OCR is it

The only product designed with painted surface in mind is painter base.

All your others such as rendaid hpx etc will all need fully meshing and fully pinning as the pins will be the things holding it back the substrate. Rendaid will not long term over paint and Weber will always advise you to remove the paint as a preference. On the other hand painter is specified no problem over painted surfaces as long as the paint is sound Parex no other system or product can be warranted.
No brainer really

Goes without saying tho nest practice is to fully remove

Thanks.
I need to try out this parinter on one of my mono jobs.
I'll prob spec it on next one.
Is it similar to lay like rend aid?
We've taken the paint off the walls now.
Just a bit on the back to do but then I need to grind the existing to provide a key.
That a be just as fun as the paint stripping!
ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1435782686.732258.jpg
ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1435782713.914524.jpg

Hi buddy see you've got one of my pet hates there sky dish still attached to the wall . Get customer to get it moved.

From them pics you've removed all the paint and substrate is sound so can't see no reason why rendaid wouldn't be acceptable?
Pins at 450 will hold mesh/ rendaid onto into block or brickwork because of the weight your putting on to the old render but seems like the labour to grind it out is more.
We alway go all the way/ parinter or hpx and 450 fixings.

If the client wants to cut corners to save money we walk away

You don't get specs with sand and cement though.
It's different with bagged products like mono, we always use rend aid and mesh with these but I've never used it before topping with sand and cement which is hand batched and weber offer no support on.
That's why I'm seeing what people advise.
Also don't want to hit client with large extra costs but I need to realise that these things can happen and have to pass costs on.
Thanks for replies

I've used parinter a few times with there tv10 mesh.its a great product.never used mono over though only bucket coat finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.