Help with Ocr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bear in mind £9 per 30kg bag = £7.50 per 25kg bag.

Still £2 a bag more than other ocr's but it is ware resistant which others are not apart from cpi by choice. But it is good to use, less prone to cracking and ypu can get it smooth flat, great for painted finishes.

What's Jub OCR like? I price a job last week was going to give it a go

I have only used it on Vezecryl but over 10mm you will have problems.

It slides and micro cracks. It is a bit like in between ocr and thin coat. I think I have mastered it now but it takes some prior knowledge to get it right. It can end up quite flat and smooth though, no suction so primer goes miles.

On a suction background I should imagine it is way different.

I have only used it on Vezecryl but over 10mm you will have problems.

It slides and micro cracks. It is a bit like in between ocr and thin coat. I think I have mastered it now but it takes some prior knowledge to get it right. It can end up quite flat and smooth though, no suction so primer goes miles.

On a suction background I should imagine it is way different.

Cheers john, they tell me some of the guys who use there OCR,spray 7mm first pass then mesh then 3mm on top. i think I'll spray cpi as a scratch then thin coat and mesh on top then silicone 1.5mm. I've done this a few times and never had a problem

Help with Ocr.
Hello, we have had a complete nightmare with this. Last year we bought a pft ritmo m. We went on the course . And not really used it since. On Friday we started to spray a new build with webers ocr, it went on loverly no problems. We sprayed on and staffed off then waited for it to pick up then floated and sponged. It looked amazing. Today we went to it and both gables are covered in cracks with some small parts blown. Completely at a lost. Any help much appreciated thanks.
Can you post any pictures ?

Cheers john, they tell me some of the guys who use there OCR,spray 7mm first pass then mesh then 3mm on top. i think I'll spray cpi as a scratch then thin coat and mesh on top then silicone 1.5mm. I've done this a few times and never had a problem
I did a jub render last year and it's nice gear to use
It's a bit like basecoat but can be used like OCR render
It's very fine so you get a bit of micro cracking.
Meshing through out is a must which I didn't on my first use and had problems with cracking!!
The sponge float works wonders on it and you can fire the m2 on with decent areas to go at

Why bother with the scratch coat?
Basecoat with mesh in new block is enough surely?
Parex will spec this

Why bother with the scratch coat?
Basecoat with mesh in new block is enough surely?
Parex will spec this

I was only saying I have scratch coated in the past to take some of the thickness out then used Jub JLM 5mm full mesh, because this is great stuff and know it won't crack. I wouldn't be as confident with there carbon base OCR. As every one is saying about the micro cracking with OCR even when fully meshed

Can't you put the jlm onto the blockwork with mesh then 1.5mm
Parex spec maite,mesh then 1.5

Yes mate I've done it a few times but block work needs to be good, and most of the time it isn't,so a scratch is cheap option. But I have told them blocks need to be spot on so if they are that's the process I will go with mate

Status
Not open for further replies.