help with condensation issue

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
im getting bad condensation in my built in wadrobes .i have chest of draws under where clothes hang and the skirts behind are getting soaked also getting this in my kiddies bedroom behind drawers.they are both on the inside of the exterior wall that gets hammered by weather so they are quite cold even tho its been insulated.

ive just done the wadrobes and decorated my lads bedroom so dont (or rather not)want to stick air bricks in .can i drill holed right thru and put a louvered vent inside and a vent over the holes outside do you guys think this will help

I think this is more a air flow problem rock , like not getting warm flowing air in wardrobes. they just become cold spots in the room.

I think this is more a air flow problem rock , like not getting warm flowing air in wardrobes. they just become cold spots in the room.

i agree hence i want to put some vents in .the inside of the wardrobes are warm compared to the wall in them as its the wall that gets battered by weather

You won't like this, but why not build the wardrobes onto another wall?

your right i dont like it .it was on the chimney breast wall and ive madeit a wall of doors with clothe hanging both sides and shelves on breast just looks miles better than it did.i had free standing wardrobes there before and had the same prob i actally thought it would help.

wheres the nearest rad?
tee into the flow side, run it into the back of the wardrobe and back again to the same spot, just an extra loop..
then fit louvred doors to the wardrobes...
heat + ventilation = airflow, like an airing cupboard... create a convection current...

howdens for louvred doors, or magnet...

wheres the nearest rad?
tee into the flow side, run it into the back of the wardrobe and back again to the same spot, just an extra loop..
heat + ventilation = airflow, like an airing cupboard... create a convection current...

howdens for louvred doors, or magnet...

already been done in solid doors im afraid and re decorated im gonna vent cheers

wheres the nearest rad?

That's a cracking idea chris:RpS_thumbup:

put a core vent in. core out 4'' hole and shove sleeve in. lovered vent internally and weathered sleeve externally. drill pilot hole from internal wall then core from outside to limit dust. problem solved.

Too quick I was saying to my mate I'd love to **** an older bird and we looked ate each other and said s**t that's 50-60 lol

get back on the trowel rock its got to pick up some time surley haha although ive had a good year this year i have been waiting for a pretty crucial (to my yearly plans) job for 5 months now:RpS_cursing: and it looks like it wnt be this month either keep haveing to find rescue jobs to keep me busy. or go on holiday

Status
Not open for further replies.