HELP..what van shall I buy ?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruce Willis said:
oooooh betty :D :-*
i have a vw caddy sdi van 53plate. very slow tho, but also reliable and dont lose much money on these, if i want boards they easily go on the roof rack. and great on fuel. maybe you should think. i also have a towbar which i can use if i need more to carry ;) ;)

jmplastering said:
Bruce Willis said:
i have a vw caddy sdi van 53plate. very slow tho, but also reliable and dont lose much money on these, if i want boards they easily go on the roof rack. and great on fuel. maybe you should think. i also have a towbar which i can use if i need more to carry ;) ;)
why do I need to think?

jmplastering said:
Bruce Willis said:

I've just sold my 10 plate Caddy Maxi Sportline cos it was too small and got another Transporter. Side loading doors were too narrow. Fast as f**k and good on fuel though.

i hve justed picked up a 55 plate trafic swb full history 1 owener from new 100k on clock mint condtition.. air con elci pack the lot for jusy £3800! will do me for 6 more weeks!

oasis said:
i hve justed picked up a 55 plate trafic swb full history 1 owener from new 100k on clock mint condtition.. air con elci pack the lot for jusy £3800! will do me for 6 more weeks!

Tell the bloke you bought it off to say hello to Dennis Waterman for me.

hollybank said:
fckin ell there a bit more than 3-4 grand tony,must admit good van but he can buy himself a nice vivaro/traffic for the money he wants to spend and have some years of trouble free motoring. ;D

you wont have years of trouble free motoring with a viv/traffic they have prolific gearbox issues. I hear the older 5speed is better but its usually a grand a piece and the most unlucky owners have had to change them two and three times, there is the same cost as the van all over again.

scudo would be my choice at that size

or you could get the older shape t4 transporter, very good engines

sprayit said:
Vw or mercedes are the only vans in my book. The transporters are more popular than ever

agreed except the mercs have sh1te body's on em only dip em once with one coat of paint built in spain rusty sh1te (buy a mettalic if poss, steer clear from pastels and especially the commercial whites) and the injectors leak too the copper seals are made from chewy sh1te copper causing all sorts of trouble known in the trade as vito's black death other than that yeah i like em but the vw is miles above it imo

toyota hiace the most reliable van ever built ...............apparently mine creaks a bit on full lock :-\.......same size if a little smaller than a transporter

spunky said:
toyota hiace the most reliable van ever built ...............apparently mine creaks a bit on full lock :-\.......same size if a little smaller than a transporter

yes, sorry spunk i forgot aabout the hiace. very reliable van indeed if you dont mind looking like a halal meat supplier

mercedes 4 me on me second 1 now 10 years of free motoring scrap it 4 a merc sport van fast as fook c me out til i retirer :RpS_biggrin:

I've got 06 Renault traffic 54000 on the clock oil leak I'd love to get rid and get a connect again.any takers lads?

Status
Not open for further replies.