help - think my plasterer is trying to rip me off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey nick, You wanna get over there with the Ritmo and lay the floor with the Ritmo. I can let you know what screeds are best and then maybe finish the other work with MP75. Thats gotta be worth over £600 a day. The Ritmo was made for that and Mr Mole will be getting good value

i think i should

well me and my mate went and did the ceiling. very nice guy. shame really coz the plastering he got done by 2 seperate plasterers was pretty terrible. his builders skimming was 10 times better. all done tho. super nick saves the day :)

well me and my mate went and did the ceiling. very nice guy. shame really coz the plastering he got done by 2 seperate plasterers was pretty terrible. his builders skimming was 10 times better. all done tho. super nick saves the day :)

Not forgetting his sidekick Rob and fuelled by Burger King!

Thanks guys, ceiling is being painted Monday but should be a lot easier for our painter than the bedrooms were

Not forgetting his sidekick Rob and fuelled by Burger King!

Thanks guys, ceiling is being painted Monday but should be a lot easier for our painter than the bedrooms were

As Basil Fawlty said..."A satisfied customer - we should have him stuffed":RpS_thumbup:

He certainly sounds like a dodgy tradesman to me.
What difference does it make to him having the cash in this day and age, a bank transfer usually clears instantly, and certainly within 24hrs.
He sounds like quite a small outfit to me and is probably not vat registered, so him adding vat would not be an issue in that case, and if he is vat registered he is clearly dodging the tax asking for cash with no vat added. Either way this guy is not playing by the rules.
No customer of mine would pay me until they are happy with the completed job, and I wouldn't even have the cheek to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.