Help! Rate this plastering

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is true but as a self employed person you can't apply to have a CRB check carried out on yourself.

essexandy yes you can mate and it costs £52

flynnyman thats not right mate cos someone cant apply for a CRB check to be done on someone without the person in question filling it in and taking their passport and 3 forms of id to (sorry cant remember where it is), also your CRB check lasts forever if you are self employed so you can take it with you but only if the other company will except it. Its going LIVE soon so the person who needs the check will pay £52 and that will be it forever because the company will be able to check up on them LIVE and at anytime

essexandy yes you can mate and it costs £52

flynnyman thats not right mate cos someone cant apply for a CRB check to be done on someone without the person in question filling it in and taking their passport and 3 forms of id to (sorry cant remember where it is), also your CRB check lasts forever if you are self employed so you can take it with you but only if the other company will except it. Its going LIVE soon so the person who needs the check will pay £52 and that will be it forever because the company will be able to check up on them LIVE and at anytime

Before posting I went on the official CRB website, it's on there that it says that you can't apply yourself and that it's the employer who has to apply. Unless of course I misread.

Before posting I went on the official CRB website, it's on there that it says that you can't apply yourself and that it's the employer who has to apply. Unless of course I misread.

if youre self employed you can, (it last forever but if you work for the same company you have to have it done every 3 years) as you would need it to show people that youv had it done, if you worked in a different school every couple of months how would you get the CRB? you would get it back about the same time you have moved on to the next one lol

also i have had mine done hence the shotgun licence, a bit different but its still the CRB check and just a thought for everyone it came back wrong, I phoned the police to tell them and they got someone to call me back who knew more about the checks, they told me that one of my conviction didnt happen lol I said to them that I didnt dream going to court, she said if its not down you didnt do it PMSL so I asked what about if it was a crime on a child? she said ''I dont know''

back to the original post/topic this is one of the reasons im having to drive a cab instead of plastering,there s far far far too many of these numpties out there doing this and i cant compete

if youre self employed you can, (it last forever but if you work for the same company you have to have it done every 3 years) as you would need it to show people that youv had it done, if you worked in a different school every couple of months how would you get the CRB? you would get it back about the same time you have moved on to the next one lol

also i have had mine done hence the shotgun licence, a bit different but its still the CRB check and just a thought for everyone it came back wrong, I phoned the police to tell them and they got someone to call me back who knew more about the checks, they told me that one of my conviction didnt happen lol I said to them that I didnt dream going to court, she said if its not down you didnt do it PMSL so I asked what about if it was a crime on a child? she said ''I dont know''

OK just to make sure I'd got this right I've just phoned the CRB and asked if I could apply for a CRB check to be done to show to potential clients that I'm an honest upstanding citizen (don't switch of just yet Spunky) and they said that I as self employed or small business owner couldn't apply for a CRB check to be done and that an employer could ask for one to be done only if I was to work with children or vulnerable people.

OK just to make sure I'd got this right I've just phoned the CRB and asked if I could apply for a CRB check to be done to show to potential clients that I'm an honest upstanding citizen (don't switch of just yet Spunky) and they said that I as self employed or small business owner couldn't apply for a CRB check to be done and that an employer could ask for one to be done only if I was to work with children or vulnerable people.

So I was somewhere near right then....

right lads they have miss informed you! whether its the wording thats wrong or something else I dont know

lets pretend you are out of work for a long time and think sod it ive got my psv licence im gonna grab a job driving kids too and from for my local school/s (self employed) you will need to get YOURSELF a CRB check unless the school/s are willing to pay for it for you

trust me our lass deals with this every day of the week

so no ya both wrong but in a right way pmsl

are you self employed? if so get your company to do the check that way its tax deductable

Status
Not open for further replies.