HELP plz on cracks

Status
Not open for further replies.

oasis

iv got a job 2 start on monday 3 bed house wall all woodchip wallaper..has been striped...crackes every were ! any the guy hates cracks and is tryin 2 make me garentee there wont be any witch i will not do ..

but the odd wall has soo many cracks its like a sider web style just hair line cracks..

wots the best way 2 sort um? i was ganna add a trowl full of bonding to the first coat...

any tip would be gr8. :-?

soild wall mate...its all over skim just wanna no wot the best way 2 hit it is..cant skrim the hole wall!

metre wide scrim from sheffield insulations ,bout seventy squid for sixty metres,pm me an address ill send you one if you pay the delivery, no charge!

i had a job like that before..... loads of tiny cracks all over the wall. so i used fibers, that i bought from wickes. they came in a packet called no cracks concrete.

the plaster went of like a rocket though, but no cracks :)

if it was me and i had the time i would chase out the cracks and bond them in, only problem with that is if your like me once you start chasing i find it hard to stop and the next thing you know the your picking up the ex-wall from the floor.
the easiest option would be to scrim, i do it after the first coat of pva when its slightly tacky.

I have had a few jobs like this in houses that have had solid fuel, especially! I normally do the "tap test" if its sound I scrim it, if its hollow I rake it out and bond it. Its a ball ache but it worth doing.

if it was me and i had the time i would chase out the cracks and bond them in, only problem with that is if your like me once you start chasing i find it hard to stop and the next thing you know the your picking up the ex-wall from the floor.
the easiest option would be to scrim, i do it after the first coat of pva when its slightly tacky.

You actually get scrim to stick to PVA,d walls!! Feck me, it always ends up on floor, or wrapping round trowel when laying on. :D

Ive started including it in prepping up I dab a bit of multi on the ends when I,m beading up.

yeah it works, you need to do when its tacky so it increases the adhesion of the scrim and when its gone off it just holds it there

metre wide scrim from sheffield insulations ,bout seventy squid for sixty metres,pm me an address ill send you one if you pay the delivery, no charge!

:-/ hummm sounds 2 gd..

dont cost me mate ,ive always got a few in the shed,cant do it all the while but i dont mind helpin anyone out,as i say buy some ,plenty of other places round the country can supply,but ill guarentee it works! ;)

You can get the big rolls of scrim in Platform if theres one near you, never used it though. We done plenty of jobs like these and just went mental with scrim tape, works fine but it takes ages to tape a room so big sheets are a good idea. Best bet though if you can is sheet it.

since im doin the job on monday i will add fibers but will use the sheets on the job somewere i have the whole house 2 do!

Keyline (travis perkins) sell the fibres, seen them in some of the branches. Have never used them but i'm sure they're only for S & C not internal plaster finishes.

only used fibre in renders,but when you do a sponge or fine finnish isnt on cause the wall grows a beard!!

ive used fibers before....... i put them in the first coat, i thought u would be able to see them when flatterning, but u cant.

there were tiny cracks all over the walls, it would of took ages to scrim..... so thats why i used the fibers. also the guy from gold trowel used them

fibres?....... wots this fibres your all talking about and how dya apply it

ya can get a little bag of them from wickes quite cheap as well if i recall right, you just add as much as you need to the first mix

would they not come through the finish coat? we all know what it's like getting bits in a mix

i thought u would see them when flattering the first coat, but u can't. so it probably dosnt matter if there in the second coat.

the plaster goes of real quick though

Status
Not open for further replies.