HELP PLEASE OH WISE PLASTERERS

Members online

samsamsam

Hi guys, carpenter here :cachetada: trying to do abit of plastering to save afew quid.
SO i've been told by three different plasterers that i need to use a plastic mesh on my walls outside.. (front of house)
Its an old farmhouse in spain thats mainly clay and rock built, it was plastered about 10 years ago but the damp has ruined it and most came off...

so step by step.... Im thinking concrete up the larger holes, leave to set skimming it, mesh then another skim?

Attachments

• plastering trouble.jpeg
    plastering trouble.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 492
Hi guys, carpenter here :cachetada: trying to do abit of plastering to save afew quid.
SO i've been told by three different plasterers that i need to use a plastic mesh on my walls outside.. (front of house)
Its an old farmhouse in spain thats mainly clay and rock built, it was plastered about 10 years ago but the damp has ruined it and most came off...

so step by step.... Im thinking concrete up the larger holes, leave to set skimming it, mesh then another skim?

Nice. Can't help you with that one (as I'm a lowly turder) but don't forget the TPF discount when you come to let it out :D

cheers guys, so i take it its not as simple as i first thought.
I thought the mesh just gives alittle more structure to the Render (plaster) the bags of render in spain im using is Webber its the best stuff i can get out here and seems the brand leader here. It does seem like really good stuff. Used webber dry for a swimming pool and a quick set webber for patch work both great products.

Am i right in thinking the mesh only stops cracking ? or helps prevent it - bit more structure in the plaster.
But we they get quite alot of moment here in the south of spain so i cant see it really doing much. Not only that wouldn't it cause more mess say if it did crack or i had to remove some because of damage ? wont be as easy would it i would have to cut through he mesh to remove a damaged section..

I personally cant see any huge advantages to the mesh unless your skimming over a un-keyed surface so its likely to come away but the mesh would give alittle more strength...

Nice. I love buildings like that. What did you pay for it?

Another fucktard post getting bit silly now. It's @Danny fault for spoiling the old set up you have attracted more fuckwits no wonder I can't be arsed anymore as others too from what I hear