help needed sourcing cheap boards birmingham asap

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoenix

heya everyone any plasterers in birmingham..where is the cheapest place to get supplies mainly plasterboard..but any local places that do cheap finish etc would be fab...prices have changed greatly since i was doing private jobs so iv lost all my contacts and need new suppliers. thanks in advance :RpS_cool:

I have a load of 12.5mm normal, and 15mm Fireline left over from my current job you can have for £3 a sheet. Buyer collects. I'm in Cornwall. Hope this helps.

cheers but thats a little too far from my current job and my house to be fair as im in birmingham but thanks for letting me know as thats a fantastic price and im sure once some1 sees that in your area they will snap them up

b & Q arent that cheap to be fair and **** me have you seen how much their deliver charges are? but i managed to get them from travis £5 a board with free delivery the joys of willing to haggle although i was well pissed as no where seemed to stock 8 x 3 so now i gotta get 8x4 up the staircase from hell

8x3?! Its not the 80's. Most places will price match other merchants at the minute. Think our 6x3s are 2,80. Can't remember the last time I bought an 8x4

when the job denotes 8x3 then 8x3 i gotta use..... but not only that but the door to the staircase i right in the corner of a room and there is no hall way its literally door way onto staircase and having the 8x3 would have been much easier to wiggle them up the stairs but will now struggle to get them up after doing a hard days graft so im not very impressed oh well the things we do for the job we............(i will let you finish that sentence off)

I know Birmingham is a big place, but try here.
Encon Insulation, Tamebridge Ind Estate, Unit, 3-4 Aldridge Road, Birmingham, West Midlands B42 2TX
0121 356 0606.
Ring for a price and they will deliver. I pay £1.33 + vat a square metre at the moment for Knauf boards. That's £4.60 inc vat a board.

when the job denotes 8x3 then 8x3 i gotta use..... but not only that but the door to the staircase i right in the corner of a room and there is no hall way its literally door way onto staircase and having the 8x3 would have been much easier to wiggle them up the stairs but will now struggle to get them up after doing a hard days graft so im not very impressed oh well the things we do for the job we............(i will let you finish that sentence off)

Seen as you've already got the 8x4's
Why not cut the boards down before you take them up.
Or knife down the middle of the board length ways, then fold in half and unfold when upstairs.

I prefer knauf aswell lee. I'm gonna tell the robbin bastards. Do you get it from a local merchants or a branch lee?

b & Q arent that cheap to be fair and **** me have you seen how much their deliver charges are? but i managed to get them from travis £5 a board with free delivery the joys of willing to haggle although i was well pissed as no where seemed to stock 8 x 3 so now i gotta get 8x4 up the staircase from hell

Get a trade card and pick em up yourself,

didnt have time to pick them up as i been working on site till late.... but i had to cut the 8x4 in half and it was still a struggle to get them up the stairs i should have just float and set the wall would have been alot less hassle it was an absolute pig of a job but we dont mind when we got the cash in our pockets eh!

im gonna check that place out, encon, do you know if they have a website? im lazy on my days off and doing a google search is too hard lol cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.