help me did i price right

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
i m so confused nowadays as to how bleeding low people seem to want things.as you know i m touting for work outside b&q and got a lead for a full house re skim house was empty ceilings upstairs were round at 1 end and badly crazed total was 280m2 inc a h.s.l which was a little tricky.i went in at £1950 inc all materials and never heard back.am i way off the mark or what

Evening Rock. Its hard to tell at the moment mate with the way things are. Some people think we are all desperate for work and shop around for the cheapest.
The cheapest spreads are rarely the best and a lot of customers get caught out this way and end up with a shoddy job.
Have you tried getting back to the customer?

Evening Rock. Its hard to tell at the moment mate with the way things are. Some people think we are all desperate for work and shop around for the cheapest.
The cheapest spreads are rarely the best and a lot of customers get caught out this way and end up with a shoddy job.
Have you tried getting back to the customer?

i did the big sell when there gave them numbers of customers took my certificates insurance etc i will call them again but is that price fair or expensive

depends how big the house is too, I dont like commenting on these posts no more as obviously prices vary a huge amount through out the country, but for an average house down my way, Id be pricing at £3000+, just typing one up at the minute and going in at £3300, so your price is VERY VERY fair dude I wouldnt worry!

The price you gave sounds fair but without seeing the job its hard to tell. Also depends of where you live in the country.
Ive quoted 3k before for a 3 bed semi and got the job, other times 2.5k and heard nothing back. As danny said in his reply its hard pricing jobs.

That's cheap in my eyes mate but someone will have Gone in much cheaper than that and blown you out the water. I have been to 3 bed houses and people are charging a grand.

its a bugger cos believe me it aint easy sitting there for 5-6 hours so the leads you get you want to count.today i gave 10 cards out and on the way home have priced 1 little render job up got it and i m off to price another little job at 6.30 so its worth sitting there aslong as you convert them into work

get yourself a little laptop and a dongle so you can work on driving traffic to your website while your sat there doing nothing :)

I've got to be honest rock. I'm confused. You said yourself spreads are on 80-100 a day up there yet you priced it at 150 a day. I personally would price it at 150 a day aswell but by the sounds of it there's more chance of getting that down here. If I was in your position I'd have gone in at the going rate. Maybe a bit more if you're feeling lucky. If you don't hear anything back in a couple of days ring them and try and negotiate to around 120 a day.

I was getting £2,000 last year labour only for 3 bedroom terrace now some are doing them for £1500. I tend to ask what kind of budget they are on and would it be aq better idea for them to have the rooms skimmed which need doing the most. Then saying I can come back at a later date to do other rooms. This gives them a choice , like all things we can run away with a budget.

I've got to be honest rock. I'm confused. You said yourself spreads are on 80-100 a day up there yet you priced it at 150 a day. I personally would price it at 150 a day aswell but by the sounds of it there's more chance of getting that down here. If I was in your position I'd have gone in at the going rate. Maybe a bit more if you're feeling lucky. If you don't hear anything back in a couple of days ring them and try and negotiate to around 120 a day.

you are quite correct beddy but i kind of agree that it shud nt be 80-100 a day and 150 a day doing your own labouring and all that goes with being self employed im in the shud be a 150 a day camp so i thought id price at that and see where it gets me im a 30 year experienced plasterer they will get a good clean honest job completed on time

if im honest i tried to sneak one in but come on sneeking one in shud mean 200 a day

personaly mate i think your a bit cheap ive just priced a full house skim through out. but i do have to hack off 1 bedroom and re rough it. I went in at 2200 labour only and they bit my arm off. hope that helps:RpS_thumbup:

2 weeks work £150 a day mats £500 is about right in this climate.You just got to do it quicker to make it pay better.Skip a trowel on the ceilings and cut a few corners where you can you got to do it quicker to make your money mate. i used to do quality work and charge accordingly but 4 year ago bang out the f u c k i n g blue work slowed down and the only way to make it pay was for me to speed up or work longer hrs for same money to get it done.Now dont gh et me wrong my work is still fault less but it could make it better but better = more money !!!!!
Occasionly you can get away with £3000- £3500 for wacking out a 3 bed semi but more often than not you wont, well at least i wont as im not that lucky.When im busy i price high if it comes my way great if not who cares if theres not a lot going on then i price to win and wait for the next good one to come on by.
I like to keep busy and if that means working for £100 a day for a week or two o probs becuse the week after could be good work at £200+ a day i trully beleive it better to get a job and make a livable wage and have a happy customer that could potentially pass on your number than having the attitude of i aint working for xxx ££ 's.

i did a 3bed semi bout september last year and priced it at 2600 got the job straight away i think the materials only came in at about £370 and did it in 10 days on me own so i would say your not far off rock as people have said it depends what thw work in your area is like round my way it seems to be all or nothing you get waves and waves of work for 3 months or so then all of a sudden sod all will turn up for a month or so mabey just a few tit bits here and there. its a bloody pain in the arse, ive had a nighmare havent had any decent work for ages then the last couple of days a few nice little jobs not bigguns but good earners have come in but i cnt do them as the misses is due to drop baby no2 out on friday

Im sure you already no this Rock but you got to sell your self tell the customer your paying for 30 years experience and that you leave a qulity faultless job explain the dangers to them of employing on the cheap and NEVER tel a customer you aint busy even if your not just make out you can fit it in and help them out !!! You dont want to come acroos as desperate even if you are.May be you got to work away from home for a while cus if the work aint coming to you then you got to go to the work mate im sure there plenty guys on here that have something for you.

Rock every plastering works I have priced which went over the 1k I never heard off them again.

cheers for the heads up lads its mad as ive been at this a long time and have seen the lot or so i thought the last 12 months or so have been crazy.ive worked for lads who had decent jobs paid on time but had absolutly no right calling themselves spreads s**t drills no equipment wa nk tools clueless how to complete a job yet have work.i know decent spreds struggling it dont make sence.

i wish i had been doing this outside b&q thing for the last 4 or 5 years cos im telling you it works but it takes effort but in time im sure will lead to a decent amount of regular local work

thank for the input it shows its a hit and miss thing pricing and i think with this house i shud of just made sure i got it and waited untill i had work a plenty before i upped my price

Yer but lets take the postive rock you have a nice little edge to your game now, you stuck it out at BQ . And like spunk said it's not over till the fat lady sings
so you may just get the call for that house.

yea but i had about 5 big wigs from b&q out today telling me i was nt welcome (i went off road and parked on the other side of the sand bags) i was in no mood for these toss ers today and told them to go fcuk themselves its a public road i pay my road tax and im allowed on it yes i have a sign screwed to my van but so what i can park where the fcuk i want with what i want screwed on my van.i wait to see what they do next i also told them i hope my wife doesnt smash our car directly in to the un lit un marked illegal obstructions on a public road cos i ll sue the fcuk out of them.

why dont you phone the police complaining about the unlit bags... but slash them first so that its a real pain to move them.... or complain that they have been fly tipped :)

i just priced one tonight and almost lost my rag with the customer . job was old victorian house , hall stairs & landing plus main bedroom. Customer wanted the picture rail removed on hsl , the landing ceiling needed 4m2 taking down and replaced also artex on existing ceilings was hanging off everwhere so needed a good scrape down . Plus walls in hallway had the curved corners . I work on my own most of the time so i priced it at 4-5 days plus materials at 750 quid . He actually laughed at me and told me to be serious . :-0 I then asked him how much he thought it was worth .....250-300 quid all in......was his reply.... He said the bedroom should be no more than a 100 ... :mad: prick ....

i just priced one tonight and almost lost my rag with the customer . job was old victorian house , hall stairs & landing plus main bedroom. Customer wanted the picture rail removed on hsl , the landing ceiling needed 4m2 taking down and replaced also artex on existing ceilings was hanging off everwhere so needed a good scrape down . Plus walls in hallway had the curved corners . I work on my own most of the time so i priced it at 4-5 days plus materials at 750 quid . He actually laughed at me and told me to be serious . :-0 I then asked him how much he thought it was worth .....250-300 quid all in......was his reply.... He said the bedroom should be no more than a 100 ... :mad: prick ....

thats cheap if some of these tw ats jumped in our shoes for just half a day they d be fcuked.love to see them do a h.s.l just this just that just fcuk off you toss er.

as it turns out i called the job today and they ve found someone else for 1800 a whopping 150 less than me god knows how many they called to find that.

If he'd laughed at me I would have been nose to nose til he could smell my garlic breath and then asked the cuntard how much a day he makes.:RpS_cursing:

If he'd laughed at me I would have been nose to nose til he could smell my garlic breath and then asked the cuntard how much a day he makes.:RpS_cursing:

Trust me mate took all my willpower not to . I've just calmed down now . Hope he gets it done for that money now because it will be a Fvcking abortion and will serve the c**t right......... and he was smaller than me that doesn't normally happen :RpS_laugh:

not for a while spunky . Last time was about 3yrs ago . Used to house bash with my brother but he had enough . 30 yrs he'd been at it . Tried it on my own own for a while but when prices hit 2 pound m2 thought fvck this and started advertising local and just took it from there.. So the short answer is no not if i can help it .......:RpS_laugh:

It shows theres nowt up with your price rock I think the spread ask what price they have had , and he come in 150 lower then you . they could have phone you and ask if you would come in a bit cheaper cheeky T***s.

It shows theres nowt up with your price rock I think the spread ask what price they have had , and he come in 150 lower then you . they could have phone you and ask if you would come in a bit cheaper cheeky T***s.

henry i made a commitment along time ago to myself never drop yer price you ve stuck yer neck out on the line you have to stick by it fcuk them if i d have droped it would they then of gone to the other guy and asked him can he drop his price and on and on

Status
Not open for further replies.