Help identifiying render

Status
Not open for further replies.

GARZX9R

Hi all, i'm half way through building my garage/bedroom extension, the top half of the existing house is rendered, it isn't sand/cement render, monocouche and doesn't look like a tyrolene, it seems to be built up of one thick coat of a coloured system but the final finish looks like a very very fine grit that looks as if it was sprayed on, I would like to match the new to the existing to save a bit of work, but I was thinking if I find it hard in matching i'll just monocouche the new and then have no choice to monocouche the existing so it all matches,

cheers

stu

Hi all, i'm half way through building my garage/bedroom extension, the top half of the existing house is rendered, it isn't sand/cement render, monocouche and doesn't look like a tyrolene, it seems to be built up of one thick coat of a coloured system but the final finish looks like a very very fine grit that looks as if it was sprayed on, I would like to match the new to the existing to save a bit of work, but I was thinking if I find it hard in matching i'll just monocouche the new and then have no choice to monocouche the existing so it all matches,

cheers

stu

Posting a picture might get you a more accurate opinion

if it was done some time ago it could be wet dash,but put a photo up and i,am sure you,ll get your answer

you don't think someone would have put the dreaded woodchip wallpaper up on the outside do you,once painted that stuff stays up forever

I managed to get answer to my question tonight, the girlfriends uncle is a plasterer so I sent him a picture on his mobile, he said it has been a coloured base coat render then a sprayed on thin top coat acrylic, he said It defo hasn't been troweled off. But trowelling off will get me the closest finish with not having a sprayer

Status
Not open for further replies.