Help for a new boy

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Welcome to the forum,

I use a 13 and 16 for laying on but I do like 14 trowels.

I use an 11 to scrape the floor and my board....lol

Danny

i prefer to use a mixture between a 11" and a 13" anything bigger and i find i have to allply more pressure to get an even spread if your just starting out as a suggestion i wouldt go any bigger than a 13" once you can handle that you can always move up. ;)

what make of trowel are you looking at.

i prefer to use a mixture between a 11" and a 13" anything bigger and i find i have to allply more pressure to get an even spread if your just starting out as a suggestion i wouldt go any bigger than a 13" once you can handle that you can always move up. Wink

what make of trowel are you looking at.

I agree :)
I use Marshaltown carbon steel.
I dont like the softer stainless ones, but i cant quite put my finger on why.

Well I started spreading before all these monster trowels came on the market and I managed to get tenosinvitus (guess at the spelling), tennis elbow and a cold shoulder all by using an 11" trowel, so perhaps its something to consider when your buying a trowel. Having said that I use a 14" for putting on and an 11" one for trowelling up. I just find that I can get more pressure and a better finish with the 11".

I usually put on with 14" and get my big boy 20"! on it to start laying down. You have to be carful towards the final last trowels as it becomes difficult to keep wet and will start to crocodile, so last "polishy" i go back to 14".

YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT A PLASTERER WITH 20"ER !!!!!!!!!! ;)

lol
Ollie

Status
Not open for further replies.