Hello, New at plastering in the US/east coast. Repairing plaster but now prepared to replanted a whole wall. I have so many questions.

Samflowers

I have a rowhome built in 1935. It's brick, block and plaster over wood lath. I have removed plaster from a wall while doing a kitchen remodel. I have removed a wall so now I need to deal with not only replastering the wall but creating an arch on the wall at right angles to the previously mentioned wall. I am in over my head but determined to do this. My plan is to replace the wood lath now that all the old plaster is cleared and do stuccto-lite 2 coats followed by lime putty finish coat, lime with gauging plaster. I've had to travel to find the gauging plaster and lime-it's hard to find products. Now I'm wondering if I should use plasterboard/rock board/ instead of the wood lath but that is another expense since I already have the wood lath. I plastered the block in the basement so I've had some practice but not much experience on an inside wall. I do want the experience

Your on a UK forum ain't your lot got a American forum might be more helpful as a few of the lads don't like yanks!
Don't shoot the messenger jus what I heard!

Just hire Kirk and go to Dunkin Doughnuts instead and buy
1F273EA1-5192-462E-A3EB-1A19434CC1EA.jpeg
yourself and Kirk’s team breakfast

Your on a UK forum ain't your lot got a American forum might be more helpful as a few of the lads don't like yanks!
Don't shoot the messenger jus what I heard!
Thanks mate! I know Huge ego's in this line of work --and I'm a woman, hilarious. appreciate it

I have a rowhome built in 1935. It's brick, block and plaster over wood lath. I have removed plaster from a wall while doing a kitchen remodel. I have removed a wall so now I need to deal with not only replastering the wall but creating an arch on the wall at right angles to the previously mentioned wall. I am in over my head but determined to do this. My plan is to replace the wood lath now that all the old plaster is cleared and do stuccto-lite 2 coats followed by lime putty finish coat, lime with gauging plaster. I've had to travel to find the gauging plaster and lime-it's hard to find products. Now I'm wondering if I should use plasterboard/rock board/ instead of the wood lath but that is another expense since I already have the wood lath. I plastered the block in the basement so I've had some practice but not much experience on an inside wall. I do want the experience
Welcome Sam!

I’d plasterboard it, it will be easier for a diy job and far less time consuming and stressful which counteracts the money. Boards aren’t expensive anyway as far as materials go. Then you’ve got a nice flat surface to skim. You’ll probably find it more enjoyable

All the best!

He's a knob can't cut of the hawk correctly, cuts off the back like a self taught bricklayer and he needs to stick his shirt in.
Have you seen the new kraft hawk he’s using it’s like a half sheet of ply the size of it ,and the amount of stuff he puts on would fit on a normal 13 inch hawk and don’t get me started on that conga trowel as he calls it all for show

He's a knob can't cut of the hawk correctly, cuts off the back like a self taught bricklayer and he needs to stick his shirt in.
That's really annoying watching him taking the gear off the hawk he just can't do it properly doesn't tilt the hawk to get it on the trowel.

Welcome Sam!

I’d plasterboard it, it will be easier for a diy job and far less time consuming and stressful which counteracts the money. Boards aren’t expensive anyway as far as materials go. Then you’ve got a nice flat surface to skim. You’ll probably find it more enjoyable

All the best!
I'll have to stop you there jess and you was doing oh so well!! Think you'll find it's called sheet rock in the ol usa!