Hello everyone

Members online

Nick1972

Can anyone give me some pointers on skimming to a nice smooth finish consistantly. I went on a short course to show me the basics. Skimming on plasterboards seems fine but on walls over paint is very hit and miss. Using sponge float has helped. Currently doing my own house up and dont want to be filling and sanding out craters. I have marshalltown trowels, ox skim spatula, sponge float and a refina s*p*r*lex 2. Any help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance

I've been thinking carefully about your problem. Nick 1972. First thing you need to do is get your self a smart pair of trainers .

Attachments

• IMG_20190714_172212286.jpg
    IMG_20190714_172212286.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 143
whats a sponge float?
I use one mt trowel and an old paintbrush, maybe i am behind times?

Can anyone give me some pointers on skimming to a nice smooth finish consistantly. I went on a short course to show me the basics. Skimming on plasterboards seems fine but on walls over paint is very hit and miss. Using sponge float has helped. Currently doing my own house up and dont want to be filling and sanding out craters. I have marshalltown trowels, ox skim spatula, sponge float and a refina s*p*r*lex 2. Any help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance
Give @Robbo123 he seems to no his s**t.

You're trying to do a skilled job with no experience. Even after sanding your walls are going to look poor tbh. Just pay a few grand and get it looking spot on. You'll kick yourself if you don't

I plastered my daughter and sons bedrooms, this occurred in some places. Are these low spots? The walls look nice and flat before using the spray bottle and s*p*r*lex. Do I need to apply more pressure when flattening?

Have decided to sponge float and use spatula in future as had better results with these. Just wondered why I get this happening when just use steel. Anyhow. Thank you for you comments.