Health and safety ...

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

johniosaif

Private Member
How many here plaster wearing hard hats and goggles and the hi- vis plus safety boots? how many do risk assessment's ? What is you view on site safety, refuse to work or do you make the best of what is available on site when there are things safety wise amiss? how many sites have still got no toilets ?

Last edited:
Try to stay away from national companies for that reason.
Bit ott but sometimes bite the bullet and do them.
My view.quiker do them jobs quicker get on something better

I wear safety boots out of choice the rest I don't use/have just use my common sense, I don't work on many sites mainly private work

Site we r on , gloves,glasses,boots,hi vis no hop ups , podiums only allowed two wheels, but then I did monocouch and scaffold was set up to shockingly bad and wouldn't adapt so ad to grim and bear it, and the site agent fresh out of uni talks to u like **** so weren't long till got red carded for threading to put him head 1st in skip.
stay away from isg

Site we r on , gloves,glasses,boots,hi vis no hop ups , podiums only allowed two wheels, but then I did monocouch and scaffold was set up to shockingly bad and wouldn't adapt so ad to grim and bear it, and the site agent fresh out of uni talks to u like **** so weren't long till got red carded for threading to put him head 1st in skip.
stay away from isg
Basically ,whatever suits the suits is ok then?

Anything to suit the men in black sometimes, done a private job today, left my boots out in the rain last night so i went in my toms aka go faster trainers! fuk me did my feet feel light lol wouldnt recommend it tho

Always is.

We dont do much site work but few years back we was on a site with all the bullsh1t h+s. Wouldn't let you do f'all until they got behind the program and it all went out the window and the site was soon finished.

Anything to suit the men in black sometimes, done a private job today, left my boots out in the rain last night so i went in my toms aka go faster trainers! fuk me did my feet feel light lol wouldnt recommend it tho

The joys of private work. Been on some sites where you can't even have a radio on.

A firm asked me to do some work(plastering a large garage ceiling ) in millionaires row /billionaires rd in London, they wanted risk assessment and method statement done, I said I cannot be bothered( knew little about the statements if I am honest) They done them themselves and I printed and signed(much easier) crazy the paper work for a ceiling in a garage, house is now on sale for £100mill

We work for a couple of national builders now and again, when the tender stuff comes to the office it takes our surveyor all day to fill in the h+s stuff just to put a price in.

There are indeed many low-quality safety gloves, goggles or safety shoes can be found in PPE markets. That is bad for these days people are advocating work safety and site safety. The key reason is that many suppliers and workers haven't realize deeply the significance of labor security. Anyway, we cannot give up to make things better.

no radio no work!!!
worked on a big appartment block in dublin few years ago we were metaling and tacking , this young painter comes on to our floor to do some preping , swiches on this big massive getto blaster, so my mate sean saids to the lad, can you turn it down a bit m8, the youngster looks at sean who was in his late fiftys then and turns the feckin thing up, says to sean' you got a problem' , sean walks over and throws the blaster out the window ( we about 5 stories up ) and turns to the lad and says , no problem ,m8 and we all just cracked up laughing except for the young lad who decided it was best to leave , Happy feckin days and not hi vis in sight,

Called into site today to measure up some work I'd done. The other tackers said that some H&S chap turned up and spent half the day on site wondering round, talking to trades etc. Told the tackers they have to wear dust masks all the time and can't use knives to cut the board. Good job I wasn't there, he'd be going down the scaffold stairs head first.

Called into site today to measure up some work I'd done. The other tackers said that some H&S chap turned up and spent half the day on site wondering round, talking to trades etc. Told the tackers they have to wear dust masks all the time and can't use knives to cut the board. Good job I wasn't there, he'd be going down the scaffold stairs head first.
They are revenue based now,they collect money by writing up reports and fining people.

No radios, no shorts, long sleeve shirts only, saftey glasses (if your a 4 eyed **** like me you have wear some over your gigs so you become a 6 eyed ****) no ladder/planks, but the f**k**s are happy for you to use rancid trainspotting shithouses why they use the pretty smelling locked up 'women's ones'.

This may b a dumb question, it might not, but how else do you cut a board ????

stay away from isg
Couldn't agree more mate.
I would prefer to starve before ever setting foot on another isg/rok site again bunch of absolute tw@ts.

Status
Not open for further replies.