Hawks & handboards

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigK

Private Member
Just noticed MT do a magnesium, thought they were all aluminium, they are a lot more expensive, but if they stayed straight longer I'd get one, anyone any experience of these?

It's them rolling gauges that have you not cleaning your tools [emoji23][emoji23][emoji106]

Dip em overnight in sand tree & water, forget the hammer [emoji106]

Mine warp with floating s&c a lot, it irritates me when I'm skimming, will give them a whirl for the craic

no i use plastic boards. got a few ally / magnesium in the van but never use them. well sometimes the 16 inch kraft but usually plastic

I got one of those Nela ones when i was buying the trowel , seems grand so far , was looking at that magnesium one but was a bit pricey

Yeah I use the 14" magnesium mt its ben like a rats back after washing it with a hammer.
There harder then the ali but s&c will soon wear the edges off.

My hawk was gaining a bit too much weight from all the buildup. Instead of trying to clean it with a hammer recently I tried clamping one side down at a time and I took my 10" diamond grinder to it. In less than 10 minutes it looked like I had a brand new hawk. Best part it felt light as a feather compared to before.

i have used a mt magnesium for years. it has kept its shape ,i just wash it and i have never hit it with a hammer.
i have seen one shatter when dropped from a hight.

Have a marshalltown magnesium hawk probably 10 years or so.....never went outta shape yet and i use sand/cement nearly every day....best buy ever for me

Status
Not open for further replies.