Having the best tools make all the difference?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steveohim

I've heard a few people say I need to get marshaltown trowels etc but does having the best tool give better results? Is this what gives the smooth glass finish?

Well looked after cheap tools are always better than badly treated expensive tools. Keep them clean and in good order no matter how much they cost.

And well looked after expensive tool are better than well looked after cheap tools. Marshalltown are no longer made in the States, they're made somewhere where the labour is cheap, I use Kraft Elite Series made in the U S and they are the dogs bollox

I once had a disagreement with a painter on site which pissed me off, so on one of the most prominent walls on the job which I'd just finished I came up with an idea, I stayed back after everyone had gone and made a two foot square in the middle of the wall with masking tape and spent the next two hours polishing it till I could see my face in it, then I took the tape off, it took him ages to sort out. That'll teach him to stop me putting 5l tins of emulsion in the back of me van lol

What was the point in that. It just made you look silly because the painter had to put your work right. What you should of done is **** in one of his tins of paint and wiped your arse on his best flat brush.n

Steveohim - in my experiance as diyer a decent trowel made a lot of difference. I was on a course after day 2 i bought a pre-worn mashaltown and the finish the next day was a lot lot better, I find it funny that people will complain about trowel marks as I never ever get them and i'm no pro.

You should pay the money for a Marshalltown or similar. If well looked after it'll last you ages and will get better with age as it gets sharper.

Status
Not open for further replies.