Having a website..

Members online

No members online now.
@flynnyman very true you need to target your area, Just trying to put across the point a website is a long term investment and not a quick fix to get the phone ringing the following day :)

I don't think a website Is ur answer tbh,a website I think is for more established business..get ur name out there by working on site etc and do domestic jobs aswell as site work until u get a steady flow u meet alot of people on site and If your gud ull always have contractors/builders ringing you as a gud spread will always be in demand touch wood

I don't think a website Is ur answer tbh,a website I think is for more established business..get ur name out there by working on site etc and do domestic jobs aswell as site work until u get a steady flow u meet alot of people on site and If your gud ull always have contractors/builders ringing you as a gud spread will always be in demand touch wood
I'm always in demand but when I tell the price the phone goes dead. I given up on builders, they want everything for nothing, payment is always late. I'm sure there are decent ones out there but yet to meet one

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Got to disagree a website is what's expected if your targeting the domestic market, the longer it's there the better it will rank but using it as your only source to get work you will struggle. Most of my work comes off my site but the e customers I have built off it in the past means I don't really need to rely on it. Working on site does not get your name out there if anything you go into hiding from the domestic market never to be seen again. When I was on site years ago I could ring about six firms to get a start but when that went bust you will realise you have put all your eggs in one basket, I suppose it's which market you want to target so having a website to get you site work ain't gonna happen in my opinion, coz it's all about what you can do on the day.

I'm always in demand but when I tell the price the phone goes dead. I given up on builders, they want everything for nothing, payment is always late. I'm sure there are decent ones out there but yet to meet one

Builders are user friendly and will replace you at the drop of a pound :) they only need one spread and once they have them they keep them but the minute your to busy they will replace you.

Builders are user friendly and will replace you at the drop of a pound :) they only need one spread and once they have them they keep them but the minute your to busy they will replace you.
Nicely put.

Got to disagree a website is what's expected if your targeting the domestic market, the longer it's there the better it will rank but using it as your only source to get work you will struggle. Most of my work comes off my site but the e customers I have built off it in the past means I don't really need to rely on it. Working on site does not get your name out there if anything you go into hiding from the domestic market never to be seen again. When I was on site years ago I could ring about six firms to get a start but when that went bust you will realise you have put all your eggs in one basket, I suppose it's which market you want to target so having a website to get you site work ain't gonna happen in my opinion, coz it's all about what you can do on the day.
I agree a website is nothing to do with site work wat I mean is site work sometimes feeds you contacts..with sounds of it this guy needs more than a website

I agree a website is nothing to do with site work wat I mean is site work sometimes feeds you contacts..with sounds of it this guy needs more than a website
I agree if your concentrating on site work forget a website unless you are after the contract then a website is just a way of looking more professional and having a Online presence.

It's worth having one just to showcase ya graft and as a point if contact

It's worth having one just to showcase ya graft and as a point if contact
I agree but I think this guy needs more than a website..hes asking for a website to c if it drums up work..this isn't the route for him at the min as u can tell by his previous threads..he would be wasting his money

Reactions: eox
Lol... an aged site will always rank better than a new site... get one as soon as you have the money and then when you really need it it should come up trumps...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Can you explain a bit about Google analytics please Danny?

I agree but I think this guy needs more than a website..hes asking for a website to c if it drums up work..this isn't the route for him at the min as u can tell by his previous threads..he would be wasting his money
I was just speaking in general marra. Having something to run along side your regular means of bringing in work. Agreed it's more long term than having it for starting out

IMO websites are a very important tool in one's business nowadays! Every fckuer and their dog are on the net these days and want to see your work. I've had my own website done by myself for few months now and it's winning me jobs over others with good reps that don't have one. Just few weeks ago aswell, I was contacted from a cple in OZ wanting me to do all sorts of work in cottage they bought, more or less to renovate it. Without my website, I'd never have seen this job.

IMO websites are a very important tool in one's business nowadays! Every fckuer and their dog are on the net these days and want to see your work. I've had my own website done by myself for few months now and it's winning me jobs over others with good reps that don't have one. Just few weeks ago aswell, I was contacted from a cple in OZ wanting me to do all sorts of work in cottage they bought, more or less to renovate it. Without my website, I'd never have seen this job.
How do you know your winning these jobs from others who don't have websites?

How do you know your winning these jobs from others who don't have websites?

Because my clients have told me so! They've mentioned about the work on my website and its exactly what they want.

You do know, it's not just giving a price gets one the job. It's the sweet talk, showing work and coming across as a confident, competent tradesman who can leave them with excellent work. Having a website with pics that can hypnotise them into choosing you, is better than not having one and them having to guess what you'll do for them.

Analytics just gives you the stats... like how many visits how long they spend on your site ect... how any pages they viewed

My site is made through wix, will I be able to find this through my homepage on there or is that more for the tech savvy people. It's something I've never heard off TBH

G
My site is made through wix, will I be able to find this through my homepage on there or is that more for the tech savvy people. It's something I've never heard off TBH
Google webmaster tools, sign up and register your website, you'll see most things you need, and Google analytics, they are free!

Because my clients have told me so! They've mentioned about the work on my website and its exactly what they want.

You do know, it's not just giving a price gets one the job. It's the sweet talk, showing work and coming across as a confident, competent tradesman who can leave them with excellent work. Having a website with pics that can hypnotise them into choosing you, is better than not having one and them having to guess what you'll do for them.
I always go to price jobs in clean clothes, clean clothes in the van. Keep the van clean and don't look a mess.

Will it show previous traffic or just once I download it?
Analytics takes about two days to start seeing what's happening on your website, You won't get any previous info and you'll need access to your admin panel to insert a code so analytics can see your website, Wordpress websites are the way to go as everything is drag and click to install stuff,

Analytics takes about two days to start seeing what's happening on your website, You won't get any previous info and you'll need access to your admin panel to insert a code so analytics can see your website, Wordpress websites are the way to go as everything is drag and click to install stuff,

WordPress was a load of crap TBH. I found it very difficult to make mine. Ended up giving up on WordPress and going with wix.com. alot easier I found.

You would have to see if Wix allow it... of they do they will help you install it I am sure

WordPress was a load of crap TBH. I found it very difficult to make mine. Ended up giving up on WordPress and going with wix.com. alot easier I found.
Did you use the self hosted WordPress or the one that you download and install?

WordPress is pretty easy to get your head around and making changes is like using Microsoft Word :)

Did you use the self hosted WordPress or the one that you download and install?

WordPress is pretty easy to get your head around and making changes is like using Microsoft Word :)

So most people where saying but i just couldnt work it out. Once i got the hang of wix, i was happy with it. Now i find its just like using facebook, very easy. Maybe ill give wordpress anothertry next year or so when needing a wee change.

So most people where saying but i just couldnt work it out. Once i got the hang of wix, i was happy with it. Now i find its just like using facebook, very easy. Maybe ill give wordpress anothertry next year or so when needing a wee change.
If you need a hand give me a shout..

You need to have an online presence of some sort if you want people to find you. It needs to be consistent, and include the most generic terms for your desired work in order to boost it's Google ratings. Spend some time on the web, and you'll find there's a lot of places (e.g. yell.com) you can list yourself professionally entirely free of charge, but get found. Set yourself up on Google My Business & Maps too. Seriously, there's a mighty lot you can do yourself without any cost, just time! :)

Your main scheme should be to provide your full contact details, and respond promptly to calls, that's the #1 thing to get you work.

Afternoon campers, just a question didn't know where to post this but eyoh
What is everyone's thoughts on a company website or is it another wasted expense as I'm looking in to advertisement and ways to get my name out there other than word of mouth?

If you have a Gmail account you can get a free Blog/website from them.
Go to top on any google page - right hand 'squares' and choose 'Blogger'
They have very professional looking themes and as long as you only promote yourself you will get GREAT!! Google-Juice :)

Go for it - every extra promo helps (especially in Google Search)

yup... I set a site up for someone the other week and they have been busy littering their link and what not everywhere and it is flying :D