Hate plumbers

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

superspread

Been without a boiler now for a week ,a plumber I know wants £3000 to change,can only be two days work tops,knew I was in the wrong game.

What boiler/system is it, mr central heating in Croydon is a good place to shop for one

Just conventional boiler nothing special,use to give this guy untold work ,never wanted any back handlers ,but he got more and more expensive,so blew him out,I think this his is pay back

Unless your wanting new rad's etc i cannot see why it is that high you can get a descent boiler for 1.5k and any descent gas fitter should be able to do a straight swap in less than eight hours. That said the 4 or 5 local plumbers round my way are all Dick Turpins and although i talk to them all, they have been made aware i will not hire them i can get someone to travel 60 miles do the same job and still be considerably cheaper than them!!!

Unless your wanting new rad's etc i cannot see why it is that high you can get a descent boiler for 1.5k and any descent gas fitter should be able to do a straight swap in less than eight hours. That said the 4 or 5 local plumbers round my way are all Dick Turpins and although i talk to them all, they have been made aware i will not hire them i can get someone to travel 60 miles do the same job and still be considerably cheaper than them!!!
Very hard to get a decent non robbing plumber

Very hard to get a decent non robbing plumber

Tell me about it John one of the plumbers from round here has just moved down your neck of the woods somewhere to make his fortune apparently! He could of done better up here if he turned out before 9 and worked past 4 and did'nt take 2 weeks to install a heating system :-(

Just conventional boiler nothing special,use to give this guy untold work ,never wanted any back handlers ,but he got more and more expensive,so blew him out,I think this his is pay back

You couldn't expect anything else then really?
Ask him when he can start, then fk him off with any excuse you choose after he bites :RpS_sneaky:

The only things you need to know as a plumber is that **** flows downhill and the money flows up!! Top hats the lot of em!.

I got a free boiler off my mate who installs them. I agreed to skim a room for him if he installed it gratis.

It's an older vaillant (bout 5 yrs old) that was ripped out of a house and replaced with new one. It's a bit of a gamble sometimes whether they work alright and there were some leaky moments. But it's all good now. Got one of them magnetic cleaner things fitted too, to clear up some of the gunk left in the system. Had to buy a new vent too.

Status
Not open for further replies.