Has anyone done a course?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'll say again right now my friend dont even think about it save your money and look into it again in 12-18 months, there is no point doing a starters course to find that you get no work for the next 9 months by which time the training will of been no benefit to you so please think about it.

a think these 4 day courses are a waste of time n money anyway what are you goin to learn in 4 days a think if you do decide to do a course go to college n learn for atleast a year you could even get an apprenticship theres no age limit anymore

i opted for the 2 years at college route, cant fault it atall, 2 full days a week at college and the rest of the time to work for myself and earn while i learn :cool: they do a night course tho think its just one evening a week

I dont think you are going learn enough on a four day course to be of much use. im half way through a two year course just done a city and guilds fca plastering and im going back in september to do an ica. i did some labouring work then in june started on my own i had plenty of work in june and july but the last 4 weeks it has dropped off. i got all my work by putting an ad in the local paper but i havent had any work from it for over four weeks and am getting all my work at the mo off a builder i know. i dont think now is the best time to get into plastering.

I dont think you are going learn enough on a four day course to be of much use. im half way through a two year course just done a city and guilds fca plastering and im going back in september to do an ica. i did some labouring work then in june started on my own i had plenty of work in june and july but the last 4 weeks it has dropped off. i got all my work by putting an ad in the local paper but i havent had any work from it for over four weeks and am getting all my work at the mo off a builder i know. i dont think now is the best time to get into plastering.

that sounds exactly like me! not on my course are you? ;D where bouts are you from?

we cant borrow money any more and we are going to be shafted soon  :) ........at least it will get rid of the poles ey lads  ;).....................we'll be having a bit of a clean out ;D

ah nottingham myself, are you planning on doing your NVQ after your second year?

no i can only do the third year if i go an work for a firm. i cant do that as no ones taking on and if they are the wages are s**t

thats what i thought oo but... ill have a word with my lecturer and a chap on my course (we help eachother out and are both self employed) see if we can work for eachother kind of thing, a long shot but it might work :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.