• left to right

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • right to left

• spray

• with my hawk

• whats hardwall do i have to wait for it to pick up before i put a trowel on it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

spunkybum

tell us what you do lads .......ive seen lads lay it on with their hawks ;D...........also if im doing a bottom screed i start in the bottom right corner and work up so im always working back into my gear

warriorupnorth said:
Most of the spreads on this forum must be girls then mate , it must be great being so right all the time ,

Warrior there's no need to be like that.

If I believe in something then I believe in it and I voice my opinion in a light hearted way.

In MY opinion there is no need in 99% of cases to use screeds.

If the wall is a million miles out then yes of course but if the wall is good new block then there is no need whatsoever

Rich

i prefer S & C for float an set but drying times dont allow it much on site anymore

has anyone used dura finish seen it on gypsum website the other day but never came across it before

hardwall or s+c (inc external render) right to left

mr brown! i rember you got upset last time backing coats came up, stop being such a girl and admit you're a rough c**t!

as dpbeds used to say, there's more than one way of skinning a cat.

its just that yours is the wrong way ;D

haha thanks pug, maybe I am a rough cont lol.

I am still not convinced though I just dont get it especially the screed thing.

Do you screed when spraying hardwall, browning or one coat plasters ????

screeds are a load of bollox in theory on a wall, you cant put a level on them exept the vertical ones .....persoanally i find it quicker to lay a screed down the right hand side of the wall and a top and bottom screed and work of each if you imagine a window in the middle of a wall i lay a screed one each side and come of the bead and fill in the head and bottom .........anyhting else i just put screeds up the angles
oasis mate do it left to right if you want if it goes on the wall and is flat its all that matters

When i worked in Holland in the 70s the Dutch spreads would put SC on the wall with the hawk using the trowel to help push the hawk up the wall the hawk having a notch cut out of it to accomadate the trowel, they had it of to the tee.
Lucius

Status
Not open for further replies.