Hardwall

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris16

I'm going to be using it for the first time next week and was wondering if theres any hints and tips anyone has

what sort of job is it mate ? patching......block wall?.....how big are the areas?...whats the block thermalite/concrete?

Going onto old brickwork, it's a stair wall so it's a good size, very uneven will need two coats to get it level

No it has to have a backing coat it's to be rented out and he likes solid walls to be floated and skimed, he was going to use browning but l thought hardwall would be better, he says in the past tenants have caused damage to his other properties thats why he doesn't board

just slap it on then mate if youre building it out at a good depth dont go mad with pva if youre using it you'll want some suction ........cant realy give you too much help with ruling etc you need to do it really .....if in doubt ask though mate

I'm alright with ruling it off it, do you normaly need PVA l thought hardwall can just go straight on, mind you the brickwork is old and it did have S&C on it, is it possible just to spray it with water as you apply it

i sometimes give the old stuff a weak coat of unibond before, water should be fine mate if it's engineering brick you might need to consider bondit and bonding coat mate

chris.hardwall ideal for old brickwork,no need for pva give it good drink of water as old brick sucks like bankok whore,no issues with hardwall as for high suction backgrounds,pitty gezer dont wont dot dab much eaier for you,get you self labourer for day

already got a mixer boy this is the second flat were onto now and going good since this is the first time he's done anything like this.

Thanks for the help

im with intensive....you should never pva backgrounds when hardwalling.....hardwall uses suction to stick on...if your pva'ing your cutting down suction , ....just give the background a good drink of water before laying on hardwall ....

Status
Not open for further replies.