Hardwall with a whisk or bath n shovel?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackospread

I know a spread and his bitch who are float n settin a massive manor and he makes his bitch knock up in the bath because he doesnt like the sound of his Refina whisk goin all day.... I've always knocked Hardwall up in a half but with a Refina whisk. Any reason why not to do it by whisk?
Opinions please chaps...:)

I know a spread and his bitch who are float n settin a massive manor and he makes his bitch knock up in the bath because he doesnt like the sound of his Refina whisk goin all day.... I've always knocked Hardwall up in a half but with a Refina whisk. Any reason why not to do it by whisk?
Opinions please chaps...:)
Depends how much you like/dislike your labourer

Fair play to him I bet that labourer turns out to be a s**t hot spread if he doesn't jack

I was one of the first around here to have a drill, "They'll never catch on" they said messing around with electric! That bath puts manners on you though, you won't break me I used to tell em when it was ******* murder.

The labourers a spread and he's 37! Hes the bet bitch in the world. Gets treated like a c**t but he is born to be a bitch!

I use to love mixing up in the bath when starting out, always use to
Like the thought of it keeping me fit....there is a knack to it without making a mess to, I use to use a rake first then shovel...

i always got taught to mix it to the right consistency with a shovel and then knock the lumps out with the whisk. i think they used to say itd start to set in the bath quicker if ur mixing with a whisk the whole time. plus u can knock it up quicker with a shovel

same as me mixing in a bath and useing a podger, used to think about the fitness i was gaining from it, but i was a bit weird i had a counting system aswell but it worked out perfect every time

When i started we had a old tin bath and mixed two bags of browning at a time .it had to be kept spotless as you could not bash it with a hammer if the stuff set so you were constantly washing out and now i have a bad back for me troubles . just use a big gorrila tub and whisk now so much easy'r ,always like to work smart not hard.

'i know a spread' :RpS_lol:
sounds to me like your bitch ort to give you a slap! i bet your a rate laff to work with

I was made to knock sand and cement up fecking ***** them.

Done that a few times when I was stupid......I mean younger. One of the hardest days I had I remember knocking about ten batches up in a bath for the front of a house. Absolute donkey work. And you try telling kids that today and they won't believe ya :-0

I used to like mixing in the bath with the larry belive it or not, we had a tin bath that you had to put powder in it first to stop it leaking at the seams. I thought the plastic baths were good too but our lab was always whacking his shovel in the bottom of it so it got loads of holes in it

I used to like mixing in the bath with the larry belive it or not, we had a tin bath that you had to put powder in it first to stop it leaking at the seams.

Same as this, used to be mixing two bags of Browning in the bath and had two bags opened on end with water poured in pre-soaking which made them quicker to mix once in the bath.

i remember the day the mixer rolled down the drive and broke mid screed. now that was a fun day. what id do to do that again, especially with the throbbing head i had when i explained it to the boss.

Why?.....you've never had a labourer have you

:RpS_lol: Is that a serious question?

OK, How about because he is willing to sweat his tits off all day just because someone doesn't like a the noise of a drill on a fu'cking building site.

That's pretty stupid I'm sure you'd even agree.

And secondly how would this stupidity make him a good plasterer.....coz he's prepared to work hard and put up with someone elses sh1t??

I don't think so...that doesn't make a good spread.

And I've had plenty of labourers but they don't last long because I force them all to make claw shapes with their hands and mix the hardwall by laying in the bath and doing the front crawl. :rolleyes)

Ha ha. He ain't my lab. Wish he was. Just think its a bit sadistic. I've never had any problems knocking up hard wall with a whisk. Been great fun;)

ah knocking up in a bath with a rake and shovel takes me back to me to when i first started
lol

I used to like mixing in the bath with the larry belive it or not, we had a tin bath that you had to put powder in it first to stop it leaking at the seams. I thought the plastic baths were good too but our lab was always whacking his shovel in the bottom of it so it got loads of holes in it

What's a larry???? Southern thing or wot?

This is a bone of contention too, a larry is a D shaped rake for mixing backing plasters in a bath. The 3 prong rake is called a drag. some plasterers call them the other way round. But thats what we always called them. Not a North/South thing i dont think. Im from up North mate

Its like a hoe mate and we used to cut a 6 inch square hole out of the middle of the shovel for mixing in the bath.

s**t aint It hate skimming I'm crap at it lol, keep you're head up mate at least you're working :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.