Hardwall Smell

chump1

Hi,

Yesterday had a couple of internal walls in a bedroom rendered with Hardwall. (The walls had been stripped back to the block). All seemed ok yesterday. No smell other than a wet plaster smell. This morning the room really smells of egg. Quick google reports this can be the Hardwall, but nothing indicates such a strong smell. Is a strong smell normal?, the type that knocks you backwards when you open the door? (windows were cracked all night). Once the Hardwall dries i'm presuming (hoping) the smell goes, but is it likely to come back on a humid day? Would appreciate anyone who as used Hardwall regularly. Maybe its a bad batch.

Top coat is to be done next week, but if its going to stink I might get it taken off and redone with sand/cement.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Yesterday had a couple of internal walls in a bedroom rendered with Hardwall. (The walls had been stripped back to the block). All seemed ok yesterday. No smell other than a wet plaster smell. This morning the room really smells of egg. Quick google reports this can be the Hardwall, but nothing indicates such a strong smell. Is a strong smell normal?, the type that knocks you backwards when you open the door? (windows were cracked all night). Once the Hardwall dries i'm presuming (hoping) the smell goes, but is it likely to come back on a humid day? Would appreciate anyone who as used Hardwall regularly. Maybe its a bad batch.

Top coat is to be done next week, but if its going to stink I might get it taken off and redone with sand/cement.

Thanks in advance
Perfectly not normal

Hi,

Thanks in advance

Be fine when dry

Hi,

Yesterday had a couple of internal walls in a bedroom rendered with Hardwall. (The walls had been stripped back to the block).

Thanks in advance
Hardwall should receive the top coat the same day. not a week later.

Hi,

Thanks in advance
Could be worse years ago my van smelled like that every morning from using hardwall for years

hardwall is terrible... even worse is if you beenworking with it for a week or so your farts start to really smell as well :D :D

It will be fine when dry...
leaving to top coat it for a week is not good... I would be wanting to skim that same day

Perfectly not normal
A lot more fun after a week Malc.
U
hardwall is terrible... even worse is if you beenworking with it for a week or so your farts start to really smell as well :D :D

It will be fine when dry...
leaving to top coat it for a week is not good... I would be wanting to skim that same day
The older guys will remember using browning your farts smelt like eggs all the time ,it will go m8