Status
Not open for further replies.

dai dog

Nice little job!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 474
How did you find the ritmo spraying hardwall? I put on a chunk of hardwall with the ritmo on wednesday then set in the afternoon. I haven't sprayed much of it, but find it a bit spluttery and I'm always worried about it setting in the pipe when I put the gun down to rule.

How did you find the ritmo spraying hardwall? I put on a chunk of hardwall with the ritmo on wednesday then set in the afternoon. I haven't sprayed much of it, but find it a bit spluttery and I'm always worried about it setting in the pipe when I put the gun down to rule.

I found that Wes but the r&s would'nt hold enough bar and was a bit wet/stiff. Just managed to finish the spray though.found it really creamy to rule though,loads better than hand applied.Only sprayed for 1 & half hours though as I didn't want it going off either.cod of sprayed for 2 I reckon

It was my first time, so I'm green m8, but it went good, I didn't really enjoy skimming it though! Was pulling in quite quickly! Might give it a little mist with the roller before skimming next time!

Yea nice to rule, but find it a little messy compared to spraying sand. Probably could have done with another set of hands.

Really? What have I been doing wrong then?
Do you not get an over spray on the floor at the bottom of the wall a bit like when you spray skim?
I was spraying wet, had the water on 425 and pressure at 10bar.

Wez hardwall sprays better with a bigger/worn spray cap.

Its also better if you pull the airtube back a bit more than how you have it for render, you want it to sound a bit farty when its spraying

Wez hardwall sprays better with a bigger/worn spray cap.

Its also better if you pull the airtube back a bit more than how you have it for render, you want it to sound a bit farty when its spraying
Had a 12mm cap on as you have mentioned before, and soon learned to pull the air back to neaten it up. But yeah farting out the gun is what I meant by spluttery, I just find theres a little more mess when its spluttering. Maybe i'll lower the water next time.

I guess it's going to make mess in comparison to mono as it's so much finer, when spraying mono I replace the caps regularly (as soon as I notice them wearing) set the air right and there's not a trace of overspray/spitting anywhere.
Am I being to fussy? :)

It was my first time, so I'm green m8, but it went good, I didn't really enjoy skimming it though! Was pulling in quite quickly! Might give it a little mist with the roller before skimming next time!

Are u putting the hardwall on in the morning m8 multi in the afternoon can u get a lot more metres on with the spraying

Are u putting the hardwall on in the morning m8 multi in the afternoon can u get a lot more metres on with the spraying

I haven't done much hardwall + set before m8 so it's difficult to gauge, but we sprayed on about 40 odd metres & skimmed it the same day so quids in really, there were 3 different backgrounds that we went over so hardwall was ideal!

I haven't done much hardwall + set before m8 so it's difficult to gauge, but we sprayed on about 40 odd metres & skimmed it the same day so quids in really, there were 3 different backgrounds that we went over so hardwall was ideal!

You'd never get it all on as quickly by hand either!

must br the substrate pal coz ive sprayed tons of hardwall n currently on 30,000 m2 job amd it hangs like mad when u skim it managing skim 80 m in one hot with no suctiom (2n1 gang)

must br the substrate pal coz ive sprayed tons of hardwall n currently on 30,000 m2 job amd it hangs like mad when u skim it managing skim 80 m in one hot with no suctiom (2n1 gang)

Hi pal, it was black mortar bricks(pva) & block, we went over the hardwall just as you'd start to see a couple of brown spots!? I can't really say that the block sections took longer either, it all pulled in quite quickly!?

I've tried spraying BG spray finish on hardwall, wouldn't recommend it. I'm not totally convince with spraying any finish yet

Probably the fact all my bigger contracts are float & set. & I do one of new builds for builders, clients who are having 6/7/8 bedroom housing built want the quality. Can't knock the machine, just think hand applying is a better finish

It's no different just quicker and less strain on the body. The machine is only mixing and laying on. Why would the finish be different?

Status
Not open for further replies.